Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark
|File:Maria Olympia de Grecia y Dinamarca.png|
25 July 1996 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
|House||House of Glücksburg|
|Father||Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece, Prince of Denmark|
|Mother||Marie-Chantal, Crown Princess of Greece, Princess of Denmark|
|Occupation||Student, model, socialite|
|Greek Royal Family|
Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark (born 25 July 1996 in New York City) is the oldest child and only daughter of Crown Prince Pavlos, and Crown Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece. Her paternal grandparents are Constantine II and Queen Anne-Marie, who were King and Queen of the Hellenes until the monarchy was abolished in 1973. Through her father, she is a male-line descendant of Christian IX of Denmark, making her a Princess of Denmark.
Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark was born on 25 July in 1996 in New York City. On her father's side she is a member of the Greek and Danish Royal Families. Her mother is the daughter of American billionaire Robert Warren Miller and his Ecuadorian wife, Marie Chantal Pesantes. She was baptized in the Greek Orthodox Church by Patriarch Bartholomew I of Constantinople at the Church of St. George in Istanbul, Turkey on 22 December 1996. Her godparents are her paternal aunt Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark, her maternal aunt Pia Getty, her grandfather's second cousin The Prince of Wales, and Prince Michael of Greece. Her family relocated to London where she spent most of her childhood. She is the older sister of Princes Constantine-Alexios, Achileas-Andreas, Odysseas-Kimon, and Aristidis-Stavros. She studied art history, theatre, photography, and graphic design while in boarding school in Switzerland with hopes of pursuing a career in art or fashion. When she was 17 years old she interned in Dior's couture department. In 2015, she started her studies at the Parsons School of Design in New York.
Princess Maria-Olympia is currently enrolled at Parsons School of Design, where she is studying photography, and resides in the SoHo neighborhood of New York City. It was reported that the Princess was romantically involved with her godfather's son, Prince Harry, but a senior official representative of the British Royal Family denied the rumors.She has modeled for Teen Vogue, Tatler, and W. She revealed in an interview with Tatler Magazine that she has dyslexia. She is close friends with her first cousin, Princess Talita von Fürstenberg, who is the daughter of her mother's sister Alexandra von Fürstenberg, and with Kyra Kennedy, the daughter of Robert Kennedy, Jr. Princess Olympia has recently attended events in the company of the American socialite Peter Brant ll and is rumored to be romantically linked to him.
Maria Olympia's maternal grandfather, Robert Warren Miller, descends from passengers on the Mayflower and is connected to the British North American colonial elite. His family claims to descend from Henry I of England, Louis IV of France, and William I of Scotland.
|Ancestors of Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece and Denmark|
- "PRINCESS MARIA-OLYMPIA". Greek Royal Family (in Greek). The Greek Royal Family. Archived from the original on 25 July 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Leading world aristocrats in Istanbul". 24 December 1996. Archived from the original on 8 March 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "Princess Maria-Olympia Of Greece: 10 Facts About The Stylish Teen Royal". Hello Fashion. HELLO!. p. 4. Archived from the original on 30 April 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- Lewis, Victoria. "The Princess Diaries: Marie-Olympia of Greece Gives Us the Lowdown on Being 21st-Century Royalty". Teen Vogue. Archived from the original on 20 August 2015. Retrieved 30 April 2016.
- "The Miller Cousins Are the Ultimate Society Darlings for the Social-Media Age". Vanity Fair. Vanity Fair. 24 April 2016. Archived from the original on 24 April 2016. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- Chung, Madelyn (21 January 2016). "Princess Maria-Olympia Of Greece Is Our New Favourite Style Icon". The Huffington Post Canada. TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. Archived from the original on 22 January 2016. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- Lawrence, Vanessa (April 2013). "It Girl: Princess Maria-Olympia". W. Condé Nast. Archived from the original on 22 July 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- Garvey, Marianne; Niemietz, Brian; Coleman, Oli; Maresca, Rachel (25 August 2015). "Budding style icon Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece will reign as an NYU student this fall". NY Daily News. NYDailyNews.com. Archived from the original on 26 August 2015. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- Sinha, Barnali Pal (21 January 2016). "Prince Harry Not Dating Princess Maria-Olympia Of Greece: Royal Source". International Business Times. IBT Media Inc. Archived from the original on 22 January 2016. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- Stern, Carly (21 January 2016). "She's still free and single! Princess Olympia of Greece steps out in London for the first time since rumors about her 'dating Prince Harry' were denied by royal sources". Mail Online. Associated Newspapers Ltd. Archived from the original on 21 January 2016. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- Tempesta, Erica (3 May 2016). "Princess Olympia of Greece rocks a risque Balmain mini-dress and thigh-high boots to join Stephanie Seymour's bad boy son Peter Brant Jr. at the label's Met Gala after-party". Mail Online. Associated Newspapers Ltd. Archived from the original on 4 May 2016. Retrieved 7 May 2016.
- Reitwiesner, William; Otto, Julie. "Some ancestry of the Miller sisters". William Addams Reitwiesner Genealogical Services. Archived from the original on 27 March 2007. Retrieved 30 April 2016.