Print syndication distributes news articles, columns, comic strips and other features to newspapers, magazines and websites. They offer reprint rights and grant permissions to other parties for republishing content of which they own/represent copyrights.
Prominent American and international syndication services include Family Features Editorial Syndicate, Guardian News Service, News International Syndication, The New York Times News Service, Telegraph Media Group, Tribune Media Services and Project Syndicate. Universal Press Syndicate provides news and lifestyle content to publications and IFA-Amsterdam (International Feature Agency). Cagle Cartoons offers newspaper editorial cartoons and columns. 3DSyndication comprises Syndication Service from India, the India Today Group's Syndications Today and Times Syndication Service of India. Royal Comics Syndicate is a Finnish comics syndicate founded in 2004.
A comic strip syndicate functions as an agent for cartoonists and comic strip creators, placing the cartoons and strips in as many newspapers as possible on behalf of the artist. In some cases, the work will be owned by the syndicate as opposed to the creator. A syndicate can annually receive thousands of submissions from which only two or three might be selected for representation. The leading strip syndicates include Creators Syndicate, King Features Syndicate, NI Syndication, United Media, Universal Uclick and the Washington Post Writers Group.
- Vaughn, Susan (10 December 2000). "Career Make-Over; Looking on the Lighter Side of 'The Change'; Cartoonist wants to take 'Minnie Pauz' character into syndication". The Los Angeles Times.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Times Syndication Service Content licensing and syndication wing of The Times Group.
- Blackbeard, Bill. The Smithsonian Collection of Newspaper Comics (1977) Smithsonian Inst. Press/Harry Abrams
- Horn, Maurice. The World Encyclopedia of Comics (1976) Chelsea House, (1982) Avon
- Robinson, Jerry. The Comics: An Illustrated History of Comic Strip Art (1974) G.P. Putnam's Sons
- 3DSyndication: Syndication Service from India
- Cagle Cartoons, Inc.
- Family Features Editorial Syndicate
- Guardian News Service
- IFA-Amsterdam (International Feature Agency)
- News International Syndication
- The New York Times News Service
- NI Syndication
- Times Syndication Service of India
- Tribune Media Services
- Universal Press Syndicate
|This comics-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|