Republic of West Papua
|Republic of West Papua|
|Republik Papua Barat|
"Loyal, Honest, Affectionate"
Hai Tanahku Papua
Oh My Land Papua
Territory claimed by the Free Papua Movement.
|•||End of Dutch rule||December 1, 1961|
|•||Under Indonesian rule||May 1, 1963|
|•||Reproclaimed||July 1, 1973|
The Republic of West Papua is a proposed and former unrecognized state consisting of the West Papua region. It is supported only by Vanuatu and is claimed and occupied by Indonesia. It includes the provinces of Papua and West Papua. It was unilaterally declared in July 1971. Several militant and social movement organizations are fighting in the Papua conflict for West Papuan independence, including the Free Papua Movement, the West Papua Liberation Organization (WPLO)  (its head is John Anari), and the West Papua National Liberation Army (WPLNA). The WPNLA supports both the WPLO and the Free Papua Movement. The ideology of the Free Papua movement is connected with decline of modern life and refusing economical development.
In 2014, factions of the West Papuan independence movement met in Port Villa and agreed to unite as one group, the United Liberation Front of West Papua.
- "FreeWestPapua.org". Retrieved 2012-03-18.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "WPLO site". Retrieved 2011-10-28.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "A page on another WPLO site". Retrieved 2011-11-05.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Ecological Direct Action website". Retrieved 2011-11-05.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Free West Papua Campaign
- West Papua Media Alerts site
- Free West Papua Documents and Information Centre
- United Nations - West New Guinea UNSF
- An article about the history of West Papuan separatism by John Anari (United Nations website)
- Bertrand, Jaques (1997). "Business as Usual" in Suharto's Indonesia. Asian Survey 37(6):441-452.
- Brad Simpson. Indonesia's 1969 Takeover of West Papua Not by "Free Choice". The National Security Archive, George Washington University.
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.