Revelation 1:13-2:1 on the verso side of Papyrus 98 from the second century.
|Book||Book of Revelation|
|Bible part||New Testament|
|Order in the Bible part||27|
Revelation 11 is the eleventh chapter of the Book of Revelation or the Apocalypse of John in the New Testament of the Christian Bible. The book is traditionally attributed to John the Apostle.
- The original text is written in Koine Greek.
- Some of the oldest manuscripts containing this chapter are:
- This chapter is divided into 19 verses.
This chapter can be grouped (with cross references to other parts of the Bible):
- Revelation 11:1-6 = The Two Witnesses
- Revelation 11:7-10 = The Witnesses Killed
- Revelation 11:11-14 = The Witnesses Resurrected
- Revelation 11:15-19 = Seventh Trumpet: The Kingdom Proclaimed
- Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood, saying, “Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there."
- And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.
- These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
- And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
- Now after the three-and-a-half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and great fear fell on those who saw them. 
- Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!” 
- Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.
- Jesus Christ
- John's vision of the Son of Man
- Names and titles of Jesus in the New Testament
- Napoleon Tiara
- Seven trumpets
- Other related Bible parts: Revelation 5, Revelation 6, Revelation 7, Revelation 8, Revelation 9, Revelation 10, Revelation 12
- Halley, Henry H. Halley's Bible Handbook: an abbreviated Bible commentary. 23rd edition. Zondervan Publishing House. 1962.
- Holman Illustrated Bible Handbook. Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville, Tennessee. 2012.
- Davids, Peter H (1982). I Howard Marshall and W Ward Gasque, ed. New International Greek Testament Commentary: The Epistle of James (Repr. ed.). Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans. ISBN 0802823882.
- Evans, Craig A (2005). Craig A Evans, ed. Bible Knowledge Background Commentary: John, Hebrews-Revelation. Colorado Springs, Colo.: Victor. ISBN 0781442281.
- Revelation 11:1
- Revelation 11:3
- Revelation 11:4
- Revelation 11:8
- Revelation 11:11
- John Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible - Revelation 11:11
- Revelation 11:15
- Revelation 11:19
This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Gill, John. Exposition of the Entire Bible (1746-1763).