Revelation 13:16-14:4 on Papyrus 47 from the third century.
|Book||Book of Revelation|
|Bible part||New Testament|
|Order in the Bible part||27|
Revelation 14 is the fourteenth chapter of the Book of Revelation or the Apocalypse of John in the New Testament of the Christian Bible. The book is traditionally attributed to John the Apostle.
- The original text is written in Koine Greek.
- Some of the oldest manuscripts containing this chapter are:
- This chapter is divided into 20 verses.
This chapter can be grouped (with cross references to other parts of the Bible):
- Revelation 14:1-5 = The Lamb and the 144,000
- Revelation 14:6-13 = The Proclamations of Three Angels
- Revelation 14:14-16 = Reaping the Earth’s Harvest
- Revelation 14:17-20 = Reaping the Grapes of Wrath
- Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s name written on their foreheads.
- They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth.
- Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— 
- 144000 (number)
- Book of Daniel
- Jesus Christ
- John's vision of the Son of Man
- Names and titles of Jesus in the New Testament
- Other related Bible parts: Revelation 4, Revelation 6, Revelation 7, Revelation 11
- Halley, Henry H. Halley's Bible Handbook: an abbreviated Bible commentary. 23rd edition. Zondervan Publishing House. 1962.
- Holman Illustrated Bible Handbook. Holman Bible Publishers, Nashville, Tennessee. 2012.
- Davids, Peter H (1982). I Howard Marshall and W Ward Gasque, ed. New International Greek Testament Commentary: The Epistle of James (Repr. ed.). Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans. ISBN 0802823882.
- Evans, Craig A (2005). Craig A Evans, ed. Bible Knowledge Background Commentary: John, Hebrews-Revelation. Colorado Springs, Colo.: Victor. ISBN 0781442281.
- Revelation 14:1
- Revelation 14:3
- Revelation 14:6
- John Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible - Revelation 14:6
This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Gill, John. Exposition of the Entire Bible (1746-1763).