|Full name||Rinat Fayzrakhmanovich Dasayev|
|Date of birth||June 13, 1957|
|Place of birth||Astrakhan, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|Spartak Moscow (reserves GK coach)|
|2007–2008||Torpedo Moscow (assistant)|
|2012||Torpedo Moscow (Goalkeeper Coach)|
|2012–||Spartak Moscow (reserves GK coach)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Rinat Fayzrakhmanovich Dasayev (Russian: Ринат Файзрахманович Дасаев, Tatar: Rinat Fäyzeraxman ulı Dasayev; born June 13, 1957) is a Russian former football goalkeeper, who played in three World Cups with the Soviet national team. He is considered the second best Russian goalkeeper ever behind Lev Yashin, and one of the best in the world in the 1980s. He was awarded the title of the World’s Best Goalkeeper of the Year award in 1988 by the IFFHS. In 2004, he was named by Pelé as one of the top 125 greatest living footballers.
Dasayev, nicknamed "The Iron Curtain" and "The Cat", was a goalkeeper for the Russian football club Spartak Moscow during most of the 1980s. He won the Soviet championship in 1979 and 1987 and was named Best Soviet Goalkeeper by Ogonyok (Огонëк) magazine in 1980, 1982, 1983, 1985, 1987, 1988. In 1982 he was named Soviet Footballer of the Year. Dasayev played for the Soviet national team at the 1980 Summer Olympics, winning the bronze medal. He appeared in the 1982, 1986 and 1990 FIFA World Cups, as well as the Euro 88 (where the Soviet Union lost the final and Dasayev was powerless to stop Marco van Basten's legendary volley). In total, he was capped 91 times from 1979 to 1990, being the second-most capped player ever for the Soviet Union.
After his contract ran out with the Spanish club Sevilla FC in the early 1990s, Dasayev retired from the sport.
He was appointed as the 2008 UEFA Champions League Final Ambassador.
- Spartak Moscow
- Soviet Footballer of the Year: 1982
- Soviet Goalkeeper of the Year Award (5)
- IFFHS World's Best Goalkeeper: 1988
- Golden Foot Legends Award: 2015
FIFA World Cup 2018 bid
Dasayev was a member of Russia's winning bid committee to hold 2018 FIFA World Cup.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rinat Fayzrakhmanovich Dasayev.|
- IFFHS' Century Elections - rsssf.com - by Karel Stokkermans, RSSSF.
- Rasim Movsumov (22 August 2007). "Soviet Union - Player of the Year Awards". RSSSF. Retrieved 23 September 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Beppe di Corrado (25 June 2013). "Dasaev, 25 anni dopo" (in Italian). Rivista Studio. Retrieved 23 September 2015. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- José Luis Pierrend (27 March 2015). "IFFHS' World's Best Goalkeeper of the Year". RSSSF. Retrieved 23 September 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Legends". Golden Foot. Retrieved 23 September 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>