Robert Blythe (actor)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
Robert Blythe is a Welsh actor and UK voice over artist born in Port Talbot in Wales and brought up in Tan y groes St in that town. He is best known for playing 'Fagin' in the Welsh situation comedy High Hopes.
His theatre work includes repertory seasons at the Haymarket Theatre, Leicester, the Sherman Theatre, Cardiff, the Liverpool Playhouse, the Connaught Theatre, Worthing, and the Grand Theatre, Swansea. He has also toured the Far East, Middle East, India and Europe with various productions.
He is an associate artist of Clwyd Theatr Cymru where his credits include, the Life of Galileo, Barnaby and the Old Boys, Cabaret, Equus, Entertaining Mr Sloane, A Christmas Carol, The Journey of Mary Kelly, The Norman Conquests, King Lear, Bedroom Farce, The Rabbit, One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, A Chorus of Disapproval and An Inspector Calls.
Other recent theatre includes Badfinger at the Donmar Warehouse and on tour, Ghosts at the Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester, House and Garden for Alan Ayckbourn at the Stephen Joseph Theatre, Scarborough and Twelve Angry Men at the Garrick Theatre, London.
- 1985 Troubles and Strife (TV series)
- 1994 The Lifeboat (TV series)
- 1999 (Pilot and TV series) 2002 - 2009 High Hopes (Welsh TV series)
- 2007 The Royal (TV series) (1 Episode)
- 2007 Midsomer Murders (TV series) (1 Episode)
- 2006 Casualty (TV series) (1 Episode)
- 2005 Doctors (TV series) (1 Episode)
- 2004 Little Britain (1 Episode)
- 2004 The Bill (1 Episode)
- 2004 Lie Still (Feature Film)
- 2011 There Be Dragons (Feature Film) dir Roland Joffe
- Video of blythe http://www.stagework.org.uk/webdav/harmonise@Page%252F@id=6006&Document%252F@id=692.html
- Fiona Mountford (12 November 2013). "Twelve Angry Men, Garrick Theatre - review". London Evening Standard. Alexander Lebedev/Evgeny Lebedev/Daily Mail and General Trust. Retrieved 24 January 2014.