|Occupation||Non-fiction writer, Journalist|
|Notable works||When Genius Failed (2000)|
Roger Lowenstein (born in 1954) is an American financial journalist and writer. He graduated from Cornell University and reported for the Wall Street Journal for more than a decade, including two years writing its Heard on the Street column, 1989 to 1991. Born in 1954, he is the son of Helen and Louis Lowenstein of Larchmont, N.Y. Lowenstein is married to Judith Slovin.
He is also a director of Sequoia Fund. His father, the late Louis Lowenstein, was an attorney and Columbia University law professor who wrote books and articles critical of the American financial industry.
Roger Lowenstein's latest book, America's Bank: The Epic Struggle to Create the Federal Reserve (The Penguin Press) was released on October 20, 2015.
Lowenstein has published five books, three of them New York Times bestsellers. His sixth, America's Bank, will be issued this fall. In addition, he has written for many publications, including The Wall Street Journal, Smart Money, The New York Times, Fortune, the Atlantic Monthly, and others. He also written a number of major articles and cover stories for The New York Times Magazine.
- Lowenstein, Roger (April 6, 2010), The End of Wall Street, Penguin Press HC, ISBN 978-1-59420-239-1
- Lowenstein, Roger (May 1, 2008), While America Aged: How Pension Debts Ruined General Motors, Stopped the NYC Subways, Bankrupted San Diego, and Loom as the Next Financial Crisis, Penguin Press HC, ISBN 978-1-59420-167-7
- Lowenstein, Roger (2004), Origins of the Crash: The Great Bubble and Its Undoing, New York: Penguin Press, ISBN 1-59420-003-3
- Lowenstein, Roger (2000), When Genius Failed: The Rise and Fall of Long-Term Capital Management, New York: Random House, ISBN 0-375-50317-X
- Lowenstein, Roger (1995), Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist, New York: Random House, ISBN 0-679-41584-X
- "Judith Slovin, Roger Lowenstein". Fashion & Style. The New York Times. 2005-01-16.
- Directors of the Sequoia Fund, Inc
- Hevesi, Dennis (April 25, 2009). "Louis Lowenstein, Professor of Business Law and Critic of Wall St., Dies at 83". The New York Times. Retrieved April 27, 2009.
- "America's Bank: The Epic Struggle to Create the Federal Reserve.". October 20, 2015.
- Roger Lowenstein - Penguin Group (USA) Authors - Penguin Group (USA)