|Full name||Roland Benschneider|
|Date of birth||22 August 1980|
|Place of birth||Neuruppin, East Germany|
|Height||2.00 m (6 ft 7 in)|
|Playing position||Left/Central Defender|
|FC Energie Cottbus (sports director)|
|FC Energie Cottbus|
|2000–2001||Tennis Borussia Berlin II||12||(0)|
|2000–2001||Tennis Borussia Berlin||9||(1)|
|2001–2003||SV Eintracht Trier 05||61||(11)|
|2004–2006||1. FC Köln II||26||(0)|
|2004–2006||1. FC Köln||24||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Born in Neuruppin, Benschneider honed his craft as a defender with FC Neubrandenburg and FC Energie Cottbus. In the 2000–01 season he switched to the Regionalliga Nord and played for Tennis Borussia Berlin.
Only one year into his stint at Borussia, the player, who grew greatly in confidence during this period, moved to SV Eintracht Trier 05 in the Southern Regional League, where by 2002–03 he was to become a fully-fledged squad player.
In the next season he moved to Arminia Bielefeld, whose league position he helped to boost in the subsequent weeks and months. Uwe Rapolder was to notice the player, and he joined 1. FC Köln for €200,000. However, in the opening season Benschneider played only twelve full games. In the 2005–06 season he played mainly as a substitute once again, and scored his first goal against FC Schalke 04.
- "Roland Benschneider". worldfootball.net. Retrieved 16 January 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "3. Liga: SV Elversberg trennt sich von Sportdirektor Benschneider". focus.de. Retrieved 9 January 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Perfekt! Benschneider neuer Sportdirektor". bild.de. Retrieved 15 April 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Roland Benschneider profile at Fussballdaten