Royal Numismatic Society of New Zealand
Royal Numismatic Society of New Zealand is a nonprofit group which seeks to "encourage and promote the study of numismatics and other related historical subjects." It was founded in 1931 as New Zealand Numismatic Society and adopted its current name in 1947.
- New Zealand Numismatic Journal, annual
- newsletter, two or three a year
It maintains a library of numismatic books, which can be accessed by its members by mail.
Fellow of the Royal Numismatic Society of New Zealand (FRNSNZ) is a title bestowed upon members as the highest honour that can be conferred by the Royal Numismatic Society of New Zealand. It is awarded for loyal and long service to the Royal Numismatic Society.
Fellows are entitled to use these post-nominal letters as long as they are members of the Society. Non-members who have distinguished themselves in the field of numismatics can be awarded the title "FRNSNZ (Hon.)", which is held for life.
The following is a list of the Presidents of the New Zealand Numismatic Society (from 1947, the Royal Numismatic Society of New Zealand) showing years elected:
- 1931-32 Col. Rev. D. C. Bates
- 1933-35 Prof. J. Rankine Brown
- 1936-38 Sir James Elliott
- 1939-45 Mr Johannes C. Andersen
- 1946-48 Mr Allan Sutherland
- 1949 Mr William D. Ferguson
- 1950-51 Mr Maxwell H. Hornblow
- 1952-55 Prof. H. A. Murray
- 1956-60 Capt. G. T. Stagg
- 1961 Mr James Berry
- 1962-63 Mr L. J. Dale
- 1964-67 Mr B. G. Hamlin
- 1968 Mr N. R. A. Netherclift
- 1969 Mr N. R. A. Netherclift (resigned), Capt. G.T. Stagg
- 1970 Mr J. R. Graydon
- 1971 Mr A. F. Robb
- 1972 Mr A. J. Freed
- 1973-79 Mrs I. Ranger
- 1980-86 Mr W. H. Lampard
- 1987-88 Mr R. T. Harwood
- 1989-2003 Mr W. H. Lampard
- 2003-06 Mr M. L. Purdy
- 2006- Mr D. A. Galt
|This article about an organisation in New Zealand is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This money or currency-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|