||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
Rudgwick shown within West Sussex
|Area||24.69 km2 (9.53 sq mi) |
|Population||2,791 (2001 census)|
|– density||113/km2 (290/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|– London||32 miles (51 km) NNE|
|Shire county||West Sussex|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||South East Coast|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
Rudgwick is a village and civil parish in the Horsham District of West Sussex, England. The village is 6 miles (10 km) west from Horsham on the north side of the A281 road. The parish's northern boundary forms part of the county boundary between Surrey and West Sussex.
The Church of England parish church of the Holy Trinity has a 12th-century Norman font of Sussex Marble. The belltower is early 13th century. The church was largely rebuilt in the 14th century, when the north aisle was added and probably the present chancel was built.
The parish has two 17th century farmhouses. Garlands, 1.5 miles (2.4 km) south of the village, is early 17th century and Redhouse Farm 1 mile (1.6 km) north of the village is late 17th century. Naldrett House, 1 mile (1.6 km) south of the village, is an 18th-century Georgian farmhouse of three bays and two storeys, built of brick with stone quoins.
Canfields Farm, Rudgwick - geograph.org.uk - 243160.jpgCanfields Farm
Rudgwick Chapel - geograph.org.uk - 248745.jpgRudgwick Chapel
- "2001 Census: West Sussex – Population by Parish" (PDF). West Sussex County Council. Retrieved 12 April 2009.
- "Area selected: Horsham (Non-Metropolitan District)". Neighbourhood Statistics: Full Dataset View. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- Lewis 1848, pp. 707–711.
- Plea Rolls of the Court of Common Pleas; National Archives; CP 40/466, in 1377, (Edward III); http://aalt.law.uh.edu/AALT4/E3/CP40no466/aCP40no466fronts/IMG_0025.htm; first entry
- Nairn & Pevsner 1965, p. 315.
- Nairn & Pevsner 1965, p. 314. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "FOOTNOTENairnPevsner1965314" defined multiple times with different content
- "Contact Us." (Archive) Rudgwick Primary School. Retrieved on 8 January 2014. "Address Rudgwick Primary School Tates Way Rudgwick West Sussex RH12 3HW"
- "INFORMATION IN ENGLISH." (Archive) Rikkyo School in England. Retrieved on 8 January 2014. "Guildford Road,Rudgwick,W-Sussex RH12 3BE ENGLAND"
- Lewis, Samuel, ed. (1931) . A Topographical Dictionary of England (Seventh ed.). London: Samuel Lewis. pp. 707–711.
- Nairn, Ian; Pevsner, Nikolaus (1965). Sussex. The Buildings of England. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books. pp. 314–315. ISBN 0-14-071028-0.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rudgwick.|
|This West Sussex location article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|