|Industry||Technology – application software|
|Headquarters||Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|
(Chief Technology Officer)
|Services||Supply chain management solutions, EDI|
|Revenue||$ 127.9M (2014) |
Number of employees
|943 (2015) |
SPS Commerce is a corporation based in the United States that provides cloud-based supply chain management software to retailers, suppliers, third-party logistics providers and partners. The company’s headquarters are located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, but it also has US offices in San Diego and New Jersey, and international locations in Beijing, Hong Kong, Sydney, Melbourne, London and Kiev. In 2015, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that SPS Commerce was ranked by WorkplaceDynamics as the best large workplace in Minnesota. SPS was also ranked among the top 10 fastest growing publicly traded companies in Minnesota in 2014.
The company was founded in 1987 under the name St. Paul Software. In 2000, the company sold its software business to Netherlands-based TIE Commerce. After the sale, the company primarily offered Internet-based business-to-business exchanges for retailers and manufacturers. St. Paul Software was renamed SPS Commerce in May 2001. SPS Commerce went public in April 2010 when it debuted on the NASDAQ global market. Soon after, the company acquired San Diego-based EDI services company Direct EDI for $10.9m, adding 40 employees in a San Diego office and a development group in Ukraine. SPS continued to expand its operations in 2012 with the purchase of New Jersey-based data analytics firm Edifice, and in 2014 with the $14.9m acquisition of LeadTec, a supply chain solutions provider headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. In 2015, SPS hired former Target Corp CIO Beth Jacob in an executive role. 
Products and services
SPS Commerce applications facilitate supply chain automation, electronic communication and data analytics. Specific product offerings include Trading Partner Fulfillment, Assortment, and Analytics, as well as bar code labeling and Scan & Pack solutions. 
- "Executive Profile, Archie C Black". Bloomberg. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "Executive Profile, Kimberly K Nelson". Bloomberg. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- Thingelstad, Jamie (21 Nov 2013). "Meet a Minnesota CTO: Jamie Thingelstad" (Interview). Interview with TECHdotMN. Retrieved 23 September 2015. Unknown parameter
- "SPS Commerce Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2014 Financial Results" (Press release). Minneapolis. GLOBE NEWSWIRE. 5 February 2015. Retrieved 2015-09-28.
- "Company Info, SPS Commerce Inc.". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- Grayson, Katharine. "Now public, SPS Commerce plans to keep hiring". Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Willard, Elizabeth. "No. 3 medium company: SPS Commerce Inc.". Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "SPS Commerce positioning retail supply-chain software for global presence". The Line Media. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "SPS Commerce lands at No. 1 on Top Workplaces list of large companies". Minneapolis Star Tribune. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "Digital River’s exit leaves just one software company on MN’s Top 100 Public List". Minneapolis St Paul Business Journal. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "Company Profile SPS Commerce". Inc. Magazine. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Profile SPS Commerce, Inc.". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "SPS Solutions Joins TIE Commerce; SPS Solutions Expands Its B2B Product and Service Offerings" (Press release). St. Paul Minnesota. PR News Wire. 2000-04-18. Retrieved 2015-09-28.
- Reilly, Mark. "SPS Commerce Raises Another $10M to Expand". Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "SPS Commerce Inc (SPSC:NASDAQ GS)". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Pimentel, Benjamin. "Three tech firms debut in busy IPO day". MarketWatch. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Logistics technology: SPS Commerce acquires Direct EDI". Logistics Management. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- "SPS Commerce acquires business data service Edifice for $26 million". Pioneer Press. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- Spencer, Leon. "Australia's Leadtec snapped up in $14.9m SPS Commerce deal". ZDNet. Retrieved 23 September 2015.
- Boulton, Clint. "Former Target CIO Beth Jacob Lands at SPS Commerce". Wall Street Journal.
- Kumar, Kavita. "SPS Commerce hires former Target tech executive". Minneapolis Star Tribune.
- "Profile: SPS Commerce Inc (SPSC.O)". Reuters. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "SPS Commerce Inc (SPSC) Snapshot". Bloomberg.