Salem Web Network
|Owner||Salem Web Network|
|Created by||Salem Web Network|
|89,901 (April 2014[update])|
Salem Web Network is a Christian online advertising company, headquartered in Richmond, Virginia with offices in Dallas and Nashville. The company is owned and operated by Salem Communications. According to Nielsen Net Ratings, Salem Web Network has more pages viewed by than all other web sites combined in the niche. The network claims over 100 million page views per month and over 5 million e-mail subscribers.
Salem Web Network began with the acquisition of OnePlace.com and SermonSearch.com. At that time, they were receiving 78,000 page views, had a revenue of 3 million and a profit of -6.1 million. Today, Salem Web Network reaches more than 6 million unique users each month with over 43 million page views, a revenue of 10 million and a profit of 2 million.
Salem Web Network owns over 13 national sites and 100 local websites for Salem radio stations featuring Bible study tools, devotionals, music and ministry streaming, conservative news and commentary, Christian e-cards, video and social networking and other material.
- Crosswalk.com was acquired in 2002, and is built around four primary content areas – Faith, Family, Fun and Community. Each category is further subdivided into areas including Bible Study, Devotionals, Marriage, Parenting, Music, etc. The sites content and material is provided by ministries such as Focus on the Family, Insight for Living from Chuck Swindoll, John Piper, John F. MacArthur, and others. The site features movie reviews, music and book reviews, homeschooling resources, a Christian directory, and other Christian resources.
- Christianity.com is a Christian web portal, providing articles on current topics, the history of Christianity, apologetics and other topics.
- BibleStudyTools.com is an online Bible resource with 31 translations, verse search, Bible commentaries, Bible concordances, Bible dictionaries, reading plans, lexicons, apocrypha, and Christian devotional literature. The website allows users to highlight and underline verses and create Bible reading plans, take and save notes in the online "margins" and share them online. It also includes tools to allow small groups and Sunday school classes create group pages for studying Scripture together.
- OnePlace.com, launched in 1998, is one of the most visited Christian destinations on the Web, with 13 million page views and 1.3 million unique users per month. It provides online streaming of 150 broadcast ministries and 200 radio programs. OnePlace.com received the 2007 National Religious Broadcasters Media Award for Internet-Best Broadcasting Website.
- LightSource.com is a Christian video portal streaming over 100 ministry broadcasts with video on demand, podcasts and program archives. Contributors include John F. MacArthur, Greg Laurie, Jack Graham, Joel Osteen, Adrian Rogers, Beth Moore, T.D. Jakes, Joyce Meyer, and others. LightSource received the Best Broadcast Website Award in 2008 by the National Religious Broadcasters.
- ChristianJobs.com is an employment website focusing on employment within the Christian community. It claims to have 241,617 registered members and 44,165 resumes in their database. It provides job postings, résumé listings, eCoaching, eMentoring and a business network.
- ChurchStaffing.com is an employment website that aims to connect churches and ministries in the US and Canada with staff candidates. Users may post job openings and résumés, browse church and ministry vacancies, and shop in an online resource store. The site has an agreement with Secure Search to provide faith-based organizations with background checks for staff and volunteers. The site also has free sample job descriptions and a salary comparison database.
- CrossDaily.com is a Christian graphics site. The graphics section features photography, video loops, PowerPoint sets, computer wallpaper, clip art and web art, animated and static Christian e-cards, and free Bible trivia games.
- CrossCards.com provides e-cards, mobile wallpaper and Christian cell phone ringtones. The CrossCards.com iPhone app was released in 2010.
- SermonSearch.com was originally an independent website named "Ministers' Resource Center". In 1997, OnePlace.com purchased the site and renamed it "SermonSearch. com". The focus of the site became presentation of sermons in text format. It includes more than 21,000 sermon outlines, Christian worship backgrounds, motion loops, and video clips that can be downloaded for a fee.
- TheFish.com is a website for pop culture news and entertainment reviews from a Christian perspective. Its entertainment culture reviews include movies, DVDs, television, books, video games, and music.
- GodTube is a Christian video hosting service. On June 2010 Salem Communications acquired GodTube.com and Tangle.com. Viewers can watch and share videos, access Christian music, read the Bible online through the Online Bible, and upload prayers to the Prayer Wall and network with other users.
- Townhall.com is a web-based publication and a print magazine, primarily dedicated to conservative United States politics.
- Hot Air is a political commentary website founded by Michelle Malkin, a conservative author and blogger, in 2006. It also carries posts from a selection of conservative and libertarian bloggers in its "Green Room." Salem Communications purchased Hot Air in February 2010.
- Jesus.org aims to advance the Gospels' accounts of the ministry and teaching of Jesus Christ. The site offers biblically based answers to questions about Jesus' birth, life, death, and resurrection. It presents a database of questions and answers in text, video and audio formats. The answers are written by pastors and scholars including Charles Stanley, Greg Laurie, and John Piper, to respond to some of the frequently asked questions about the work of Christ.
- SamaritanFundraising.com is an online fundraising website, acquired by Salem Communications in September 2010. It aims to support churches, schools, youth groups, and other organizations. Their primary fundraising product, the Samaritan Card, gives its user access to discounts and savings to over 100,000 merchants in the United States.
References and footnotes
- "Salemwebnetwork.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- [dead link]
- "Salem Web Network". salemwebnetwork.com.
- "Christianity - Faith in God, Jesus Christ - Christian Living, Trivia". Christianity.com.
- [dead link]
- "NRB :: 2007". nrb.org.
- "NRB :: 2008". nrb.org.
- "Christian Video and TV Ministries - Free Online Television Broadcasts". lightsource.com.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "CrossDaily Homepage". crossdaily.com.
- "Bible Trivia and Games - Christian Family Fun, Questions to Test Bible Knowledge". crossdaily.com.
- Salem Communications Holding Corporation (29 July 2010). "Christian Ecards". App Store.
- "Christian Music - Reviews, News, Interviews". thefish.com.
- "Salem Communications adds GodTube.com and Tangle.com to its family of Christian websites". Radio-Info.com. June 15, 2010.
- Townhall.com About Us
- "Exclusive: Hot Air Acquired By Salem Communications". Mediaite. 2010-02-17.