San Diego Fighter Wing
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|San Diego Fighter Wing|
|Branch||United States Army Air Force|
|Engagements||World War II|
The San Diego Fighter Wing is an inactive United States Air Force unit. Its last assignment was with the IV Fighter Command, stationed at San Diego Airport, California It was inactivated on 7 June 1944
- Constituted as San Diego Air Defense Wing on 6 August 1942
- Activated on 11 August 1942
- Redesignated San Diego Fighter Wing in July 1943
- Disbanded on 7 June 1944.
- IV Fighter Command, 11 August 1942 – 7 June 1944
- Operated with attached Air Force and Navy squadrons.
Provided air defense for the San Diego area.
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.