Sfax–Thyna International Airport
|Sfax–Thyna International Airport
Aéroport International de Sfax–Thyna
مطار صفاقس الدولي
|File:Aéroport Sfax Thyna.JPG|
|IATA: SFA – ICAO: DTTX
|Operator||Tunisian Civil Aviation & Airports Authority|
|Hub for||Syphax Airlines|
|Elevation AMSL||85 ft / 26 m|
|Coordinates||Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
Sfax–Thyna International Airport (French: Aéroport International de Sfax–Thyna, Tunisian Arabic: مطار صفاقس الدولي) (IATA: SFA, ICAO: DTTX) is an airport serving Sfax in Tunisia. This airport is located 6 kilometers southwest from Sfax.
This section requires expansion. (October 2013)
The airport has undergone several extensions and improvements, the most important development and remodeling of the terminal took place in 1988 when the runway was extended. In 1989 a cargo terminal was added and in 1996 new facilities were built: warehouse, taxiways and the airport apron was reconstructed. Additionally the runway was rehabilitated and a new control tower was built.
With a capacity of 200,000 passengers per year, the current terminal covers 2,000 m2. A new terminal building covers 8000 m2, it consists of three buildings, its construction started on 8 November 2005, and it was inaugurated on 22 December 2007. With a total cost of six million dinars, it has a capacity of 500,000 passengers. A total budget of 25 million dinars was also devoted to the airport to give him a total facelift (control tower, runway and parking).
From 2011 the airport is main hub and headquarters for Syphax Airlines.
World War II
- 12th Bombardment Group, 15 April – 2 June 1943, B-25 Mitchell
- 340th Bombardment Group, 15 April – 2 June 1943, B-25 Mitchell
Airlines and destinations
|Afriqiyah Airways||Benghazi, Misrata, Sebha, Tripoli|
|Libyan Airlines||Benghazi, Misrata, Tripoli|
|Syphax Airlines||Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen, Jeddah, Paris-Charles de Gaulle|
|Tunisair Express||Djerba, Tunis|
- Airport information for DTTX at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SFA at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Sfax–Thyna International Airport at Office de l'Aviation Civile et des Aeroports (OACA)
- "Contact Us." Syphax Airlines. Retrieved on 1 January 2013. "Headquarters Address: Sfax Thyna International Airport – 3018 Sfax – Tunisia" – in French: "Siège Social Adresse: Aéroport International Sfax Thyna – 3018 Sfax – Tunisie"
- Maurer, Maurer. Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1983. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1/Identifiers at line 47: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).