|Città di Soncino|
|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|Province / Metropolitan city||Province of Cremona (CR)|
|Frazioni||Gallignano, Isengo, Villacampagna|
|• Mayor||Francesco Pedretti|
|• Total||45.3 km2 (17.5 sq mi)|
|Population (31 December 2004)|
|• Density||160/km2 (430/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||St. Martin|
Soncino is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Cremona in the Italian region Lombardy, located about 60 kilometres (37 mi) east of Milan and about 30 kilometres (19 mi) northwest of Cremona. As of 31 December 2004, it had a population of 7,440 and an area of 45.3 square kilometres (17.5 sq mi).
Soncino received the honorary title of city with a presidential decree on November 18, 2004.
- The famous, well-preserved Castle (Rocca Sforzesca), built in 1473 for Galeazzo Maria Sforza. It has three square towers and a round one. It has been chosen as set for movies like Ladyhawke and Il mestiere delle armi.
- The church of San Giacomo and the annxed former Dominican convent, with an octagonal pending tower.
- The church of Santa Maria Assunta (12th century).
- The Town Hall with the Civic Tower.
- The Casa degli Stampatori ("Printers' House"), where, in 1488, the first complete Jewish Bible in the world was printed.
- The Renaissance Santa Maria delle Grazie, with a fine interior.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Soncino Turismo (tourism promotion)
- Pro Loco di Soncino (tourism promotion)
- Castrum Soncini (tourism promotion) (More information about Soncino)
- Comune di Soncino