|Souk-el-Arba airfield complex
|Part of Royal Air Force and Twelfth Air Force|
|Coordinates||Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|Type||Military airfield complex|
|Condition||Returned to civilian uses|
|Built||Various dates up to 1943|
|In use||(By Allied forces) November 1942 to about August 1943|
The Souk-el-Arba Airfields are a pair of World War II military airfields in Tunisia, located near what was at the time the village of Souk-el-Arba but since 1966 has been known as Jendouba. The location is approximately 130 km west-southwest of Tunis.
The original airfield, which pre-dates Operation Torch, was located immediately to the south-east of the town and was captured by paratroops of the British 1st Parachute Brigade on 16 November 1942.
The second airfield was constructed later by US military engineers, located about 4 km to the South-West of the town  and used primarily by American bombers.
Souk-el-Arba II was a temporary airfield constructed by Army Engineers using compacted earth for its runway, parking and dispersal areas, not designed for heavy aircraft or for long term use.
- HQ, 47th Bombardment Wing, 8 June-7 August 1943
- 47th Bombardment Group, 13 April-1 July 1943, A-20 Havoc
- 321st Bombardment Group, 1 June-8 August 1943, B-25 Mitchell
- 82d Fighter Group, 13 June-3 August 1943, P-38 Lightning
After the Americans moved east to Sicily in August, the airfield was closed and dismantled. Today, the former main runway is visible in aerial photography and, other than two hangars south of the runway, no buildings or physical features remain.
- This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the Air Force Historical Research Agency.
- Maurer, Maurer. Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1983. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1/Identifiers at line 47: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Johnson, Kenneth M. Capt. USAAF. "My stretch in the Service, book III". Personal collection of Jeffrey M. Johnson, 1943
- Kurowski, F. (1982) Endkampf in Afrika, Leoni-am-Starnberger See:Druffel-Verlag, p.54. ISBN 3806110247 (German language).
- The National Archives of the UK : AIR27/1518 folio 117 side 1.
- Luftwaffe aerial photograph: http://www.wwii-photos-maps.com/targetnorthafrica/Algeria/slides/Souk%20el%20Arba%20I%20u.%20II%201.html