Southern Oregon is a region of the U.S. state of Oregon south of Lane County and generally west of the Cascade Range, excluding the southern Oregon Coast. Counties include Douglas, Jackson, Klamath, and Josephine. It includes the Southern Oregon American Viticultural Area, which consists of the Umpqua and Rogue River drainages. As of 2007, the population in the four counties is approx. 455,000.
- Jackson County; population 210,287
- Douglas County; population 106,972
- Josephine County; population 83,599
- Klamath County; population 65,455
- Cave Junction
- Central Point
- Grants Pass
- Klamath Falls
Notes and references
- "Population as of February 2007" (PDF).<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Klamath Falls is included because it is as far south as any city in "Southern Oregon", although it is on the east side of the Cascades in the high desert.
- According to the City of Klamath Falls website, the city is in the "south central region" of Oregon.
- Klamath Falls > Home
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
|This Oregon location article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|