Control logic for an automatic transmission system
|Stable release||R2015b / September 3, 2015|
|Preview release||R2015b / June 11, 2015|
|Website||Stateflow product page|
Stateflow, (developed by MathWorks), is a control logic tool used to model reactive systems via state machines and flow charts within a Simulink model. Stateflow uses a variant of the finite-state machine notation established by David Harel, enabling the representation of hierarchy, parallelism and history within a state chart. Stateflow also provides state transition tables and truth tables.
Stateflow is generally used to specify the discrete controller in the model of a hybrid system where the continuous dynamics (i.e., the behavior of the plant and environment) are specified using Simulink.
Specific applications for Stateflow include:
- Mode logic, where each discrete mode of a system is represented by a state
- Fault management, where the Stateflow chart is used to control how the system responds to faults and failures within a system
- Task scheduling, where the Stateflow chart is used to schedule when specific tasks occur, either within the Stateflow chart or within the overall Simulink model
A number of MathWorks and third-party tools can be used with Stateflow to validate the design and generate code. For example, Simulink Verification and Validation, a MathWorks tool, can be used to check for requirements traceability and model coverage analysis. Other add-on code generation tools can be used to automatically generate C, C++, HDL, and PLC code for implementation on embedded systems.
- MathWorks - Stateflow - Requirements
- MATLAB Tech Talks on the basics and usage of state machines
- Simulation of Hybrid Systems Using Stateflow
- Gregoire Hamon and John Rushby. "An Operational Semantics for Stateflow" (PDF). Presented at Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering (FASE) Barcelona, Spain, March 2004. SRI International Computer Science Laboratory. line feed character in
|work=at position 67 (help)
- Orion GN&C MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow Standards
- A. Tiwari. "Formal Semantics and Analysis Methods for Simulink Stateflow Models" (PDF). SRI International Computer Science Laboratory.
- Requirements-Based Testing in Aircraft Control Design
- Embedded Coder Robot NXT Modeling Tips