Steve Howe Trio
|The Steve Howe Trio|
|Genres||Jazz, jazz fusion|
|Years active||2007 – present|
The Steve Howe Trio is an English jazz trio led by the famous guitarist from Yes and Asia, Steve Howe. It was formed in 2007 by Steve, his son Dylan Howe on drums and Ross Stanley on Hammond organ.
The Steve Howe Trio toured the UK in 2007. The show created a friendly tension between Steve Howe's compositions and Yes lineage and the hard bop jazz of Dylan Howe and Stanley. The set list included songs from jazz guitarist Kenny Burrell (S. Howe says he's a very important reference to him), Steve Howe solo career and Yes albums.
After a break, they toured again in June 2008 and released a studio album, The Haunted Melody.
The band toured the UK in September 2013 and are working on a new studio album.
- The Haunted Melody (2008) (studio album)
- Travelling (2010) (live album)
- "Steve Howe Trio Go To 10". Classic Rock Magazine. November 16, 2009. Retrieved January 19, 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Steve Howe Trio at Norwich Arts Centre, UK, by Bruce Lindsay, All About Jazz, 2010
- Steve Howe Trio: Travelling (2010), by Bruce Lindsay, All About Jazz, 19 April 2010
|This article on a United Kingdom band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|