|Former names||Swansea Leisure Centre|
|Town or city||Swansea|
|Current tenants||Bay Leisure Ltd|
|Renovated||1 March 2008|
|Owner||City and County of Swansea council|
The LC is a leisure centre located in the city centre of Swansea, Wales, UK. Originally Swansea Leisure Centre, the rebranded facility re-opened to the public on 1 March 2008 after a £32 million makeover. The LC's exterior has been revitalised by replacing the old concrete panels with clear glass, translucent glazing and timber panelling.
Swansea Leisure Centre was opened by the Queen during her silver jubilee celebrations in 1977. The original centre featured the first wave machine to be installed in a leisure centre in Wales; it became one of Wales' top leisure facilities and a substantial tourist draw, attracting more than 800,000 users annually at its peak. After its closure in 2003, Swansea Council decided to refurbish the centre, which was reopened - again by the Queen - on 7 March 2008.
The LC waterpark's features include water slides, board rides, a 30 ft climbing wall, an indoor play area, a multi-purpose sports and exhibition hall (which was an official training facility for the 2012 London Olympics), exercise areas and a spa and sauna section.
- "City and County of Swansea - LC". Swansea.gov.uk. 20 May 2008. Retrieved 10 August 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "History of the LC - History of the LC2". Thelcswansea.com. Retrieved 10 August 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Home - South Wales' Premier Attraction". Thelcswansea.com. Retrieved 10 August 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to LC, Swansea.|
- SurfGSD now offer Indoor surfing lessons on the indoor machine at Swansea's new leisure centre
- Official LC Swansea website
- City & County of Swansea: Pictures of the redeveloped Swansea Leisure Centre
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.