|• McCune-Reischauer||Tanch'ŏn si|
|• Revised Romanization||Dancheon-si|
|Province||South Hamgyong Province|
|Administrative divisions||39 tong, 39 ri|
|• Total||2,170 km2 (840 sq mi)|
Tanch'ŏn is a port city in northeastern South Hamgyŏng province, North Korea. It has a population of approximately 360,000. Tanch'ŏn borders the Sea of Japan (East Sea of Korea), into which the Namdae River flows.
The City of Tanch'ŏn is featured in the PC game Tradewinds.
Tanch'ŏn is situated on the P'yŏngra Line of the Korean State Railway. In 2012 the city's port was renovated and upgraded. Tanch'ŏn port was reconstructed, and a ceremony marking the completion was taken place in December 2012. In the ceremony, a joint congratulatory message sent by the Central Committee of the Workers’ Party of Korea and the Cabinet was read to the officials and members of shock brigades who performed labor feats in the construction of the port.
- "Tanchon Port reconstruction completed", NK Economy Watch.
- "Tanchon Port reconstruction completed". North Korea Leadership Watch. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- "단천산양". Cultural Heritage Administration guide to North Korean natural monuments. Retrieved 2006-12-01.
- Dormels, Rainer. North Korea's Cities: Industrial facilities, internal structures and typification. Jimoondang, 2014. ISBN 978-89-6297-167-5
- (Korean) In Korean language online encyclopedias:
- City profile of Tanchon
|This North Korea location article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|