|IATA: none – ICAO: DAAM
||2,484 ft / 757 m
||Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
Location of Telerghma Airport in Algeria
Source: World Aero Data 
Telerghma Airport is a joint-use civilian/military airport in Algeria (ICAO: DAAM), just south of the city of Telerghma, about 300 km east of Algiers
Built by the French Colonial government prior to World War II, the small airport was seized by American Forces in the initial aftermath of the Operation Torch landings on 2 December 1942. By 13 December, French troops and United States Army Engineers had improved the runway sufficiently for 17th Bombardment Group B-26 Marauder medium bombers to begin using the facility, now known as "Telerghma Airfield." Major Twelfth Air Force units assigned to the airfield during the North African Campaign were:
- 17th Bombardment Group, 13 December 1942 – 10 May 1943, B-26 Marauder
- 310th Bombardment Group, 21 December 1942 – 1 January 1943, B-25 Mitchell
- 319th Bombardment Group, 12 December 1942 – 3 March 1943, B-26 Marauder
- 14th Fighter Group, 5 May-13 June 1943, P-38 Lightning
- 33d Fighter Group, 24 December 1942 – 7 January 1943; 20 February-2 March 1943, P-40 Warhawk
- 52d Fighter Group, 17 January-9 March 1943, Spitfire
- 82d Fighter Group, January-28 March 1943, P-38 Lightning
After the Battle of North Africa ended, Telerghma Airfield was converted into a Bombardment Training Center, used to instruct French Air Force ground and bomber crews in safe and effective tactical operation and maintenance of American fighter and bomber aircraft. The training center closed at the end of October 1944, and the airfield was returned to civil authorities.
This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the Air Force Historical Research Agency.
- Maurer, Maurer. Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1983. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1/Identifiers at line 47: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- USAFHRA search for Telergma Airport