The Breeze (North Dorset)
|File:The Breeze logo.PNG|
|Broadcast area||North Dorset|
|Slogan||"Tune In Feel Good"|
|Frequency||96.6 & 97.4 MHz
|First air date||25 June 1995|
|Owner||Celador Radio Broadcasting Ltd|
The Breeze (formerly Gold Radio, Vale FM and Midwest Radio) is a radio station which serves North Dorset, in the United Kingdom, and is owned and operated by Celador Radio and is part of The Breeze network of stations.
Launched on 25 June 1995 as Gold Radio then later became Vale FM when the station was acquired by TLRC. The station, along with sister station Ivel FM was formed as Midwest Radio when the two stations were acquired from TLRC and merged to form one station.
In July 2008, Radio industry regulator Ofcom approved plans for the two stations to share 20 hours of output per day, saying the distance between stations is such that the relevance of regionalised programming is a sensible move for both, and represents a way of allowing smaller stations to operate more effectively without adverse effects for listeners. Despite this, the two separate licences still broadcast different breakfast shows between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. on weekdays.
In December 2011, The Midwest stations were sold to Celador Radio, after Midwest Radio Ltd decided not to contest with the Bridgwater licence.
Rebrand as The Breeze
- "Details of TLRC's sale of stations". Retrieved 1 December 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Details of split breakfast show". Retrieved 1 December 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Details of networking, acquisition, and OFCOM's approval". Retrieved 1 December 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- RadioToday: Celador Radio acquires Midwest Radio. 19 December 2011
- RadioToday: Midwest to be Breeze after Ofcom approval. 18 June 2012
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
|This article about a radio station in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|