The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager
|The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager|
|File:The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager.jpg|
|Studio album by Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly|
|Released||18 September 2006|
|Genre||Folktronica, Folk rock, indie|
|Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly chronology|
|NME||(8/10) (Magazine Dated: 16 September 2006, p.37)|
The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager is the first album by the singer-songwriter Sam Duckworth, alias Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. Recorded mostly in his bedroom studio in Essex, it was released on 18 September 2006 on Atlantic Records.
While The Guardian complained that "Duckworth's style can get a little samey", allmusic.com's review said that he "is not particularly different from the other vaguely introspective young singer/songwriters out there.... with his plaintive, often monotonous and sometimes whiny vocals" and that his "simple acoustic guitar chords can get a little repetitive". The album is certified as Silver in the U.K., having sold over 60,000 copies.
"I-Spy", "Call Me Ishmael", "The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager (Part One)" and "War of the Worlds" were all released as singles, the first two as a double A-side.
The Track If I Had £1 for Every Stale Song Title I'd Be 30 Short Of Getting Out Of this Mess was originally titled The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager (Part Four).
All music composed by Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly.
|1.||"Once More with Feeling"||2:04|
|2.||"An Oak Tree"||2:29|
|3.||"The Chronicles Of A Bohemian Teenager (Part 2)"||3:27|
|6.||"War of the Worlds"||2:33|
|7.||"Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly"||3:56|
|9.||"Whitewash Is Brainwash"||4:37|
|10.||"Call Me Ishmael"||3:54|
|11.||"If I Had £1 for Every Stale Song Title I'd Be 30 Short Of Getting Out Of this Mess"||3:13|
|12.||"The Chronicles Of A Bohemian Teenager (Part 1)"||4:06|
- Interview conducted with Duckworth by the Daily Telegraph
- Drowned In Sound page
- BBC Oxford review of a gig
- Brown, Marisa. "Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager". allmusic.com. Retrieved 2007-10-06.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Savage, Paul. "GET CAPE.WEAR CAPE.FLY – THE CHRONICLES OF A BOHEMIAN TEENAGER". punktastic.com. Retrieved 2006-10-06.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Betty Clarke, "Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly, The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager", The Guardian, 15 September 2006
- Marisa Brown, The Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager at allmusic.com
- http://www.bpi.co.uk/platinum/platinumright.asp?rq=search_plat&r_id=32852[dead link][dead link]
|This 2000s indie rock album–related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|