The Liberator (film)
|File:The Liberator movie poster, United States.jpg
|Directed by||Alberto Arvelo|
|Written by||Timothy J. Sexton|
|Music by||Gustavo Dudamel|
|Box office||$113,067 (US)|
The Liberator (Spanish: Libertador) is a 2013 Spanish-Venezuelan historical drama film directed by Alberto Arvelo, starring Édgar Ramírez as Simón Bolívar. It was screened in the Special Presentation section at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival. It has been selected as the Venezuelan entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 87th Academy Awards, making the January Shortlist.
- Édgar Ramírez as Simón Bolívar
- María Valverde as Maria Teresa Rodríguez del Toro
- Juana Acosta as Manuela Sáenz
- Danny Huston as Torkington
- Erich Wildpret as Antonio José de Sucre
- Alejandro Furth as Rafael Urdaneta
- Orlando Valenzuela as Francisco de Paula Santander
- Iwan Rheon as Daniel O'Leary
- Gary Lewis as James Rooke
- Imanol Arias as Juan Domingo Monteverde
- Juvel Vielma as José Antonio Páez
- Carlos Julio Molina as José Félix Ribas
- Manuel Porto as Francisco de Miranda
- Francisco Denis as Simón Rodríguez
- Zenaida Gamboa as Hipólita
- Andrés Gertrúdix as Prince Fernando
- Elisa Sednaoui as Fanny du Villars
- Leandro Arvelo as Fernando Bolívar
- Ximo Solano as Francisco Vinoni
- Steve Wilcox as Black Horseman
- Eric Toala as Simón Bolívar (kid)
The film debuted on 9 September 2013 at the Toronto International Film Festival and opened in its home country of Venezuela on 24 July 2014. The film was released by Cohen Media Group on Blu-ray Disc and DVD on 10 March 2015.
- List of submissions to the 87th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Venezuelan submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "The Liberator (2014) at Box Office Mojo". Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "The Liberator". TIFF. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Toronto Adds 75+ Titles To 2013 Edition". Indiewire. Retrieved 16 August 2013.
- "Libertador representará a Venezuela en los premios Oscar". El Nacional. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Oscars: Venezuela Picks ‘The Liberator’ for Foreign Language Candidate". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "9 Foreign Language Films Advance in Oscar Race". AMPAS. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "The Liberator - Cohen Media Group". Cohenmedia.net. Retrieved 2015-09-18.
- "The Liberator". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2015-09-18.
- Official site
- The Liberator at the Internet Movie Database
- Template:AllRovi title
- The Liberator at Box Office Mojo
- The Liberator at Metacritic
- The Liberator at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article related to a Spanish film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This article related to a Venezuelan film is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|