The Memoirs of Solar Pons
|File:Memoirs of solar pons.jpg
Dust-jacket illustration by Frank Utpatel for The Memoirs of Solar Pons
|Cover artist||Frank Utpatel|
|Genre||Detective short stories|
|Publisher||Mycroft & Moran|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|Pages||xxii, 245 pp|
|Preceded by||In Re: Sherlock Holmes|
|Followed by||The Return of Solar Pons|
The Memoirs of Solar Pons is a collection of detective fiction short stories by author August Derleth. It was released in 1951 by Mycroft & Moran in an edition of 2,038 copies. It was the second collection of Derleth's Solar Pons stories which are pastiches of the Sherlock Holmes tales of Arthur Conan Doyle.
The Memoirs of Solar Pons contains the following tales:
- "Introduction", by Ellery Queen
- "The Adventure of the Circular Room"
- "The Adventure of the Perfect Husband"
- "The Adventure of the Broken Chessman"
- "The Adventure of the Dog in the Manger"
- "The Adventure of the Proper Comma"
- "The Adventure of Ricoletti of the Club Foot"
- "The Adventure of the Six Silver Spiders"
- "The Adventure of the Lost Locomotive"
- "The Adventure of the Tottenham Werewolf"
- "The Adventure of the Five Royal Coachmen"
- "The Adventure of the Paralytic Mendicant"
- Los Angeles: Pinnacle, 1975.
Summary of Solar Pons cases
- Jaffery, Sheldon (1989). The Arkham House Companion. Mercer Island, WA: Starmont House, Inc. p. 40. ISBN 1-55742-005-X.
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 844.
- Joshi, S.T. (1999). Sixty Years of Arkham House: A History and Bibliography. Sauk City, WI: Arkham House. p. 178. ISBN 0-87054-176-5.
- Nielsen, Leon (2004). Arkham House Books: A Collector's Guide. Jefferson, NC and London: McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 150. ISBN 0-7864-1785-4.