Third Battle of the Shaer gas field
|Third Battle of the Shaer gas field|
|Part of the Syrian Civil War|
|Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant||Syrian Arab Republic|
|Casualties and losses|
|16 killed||34 killed|
The Third Battle of the Shaer gas field is a battle between the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and the Syrian government for the control over the Sha'er gas field during the Syrian Civil War. It is the third attack that was launched by ISIL on the gas field. In early May 2016, ISIL once again captured the Shaer gas field that had since been held by the Syrian government since the Second Battle of the Shaer gas field. 34 soldiers and 16 ISIL fighters were killed during the battle for the field. Hostilities are currently ongoing. There are reports of explosions and a 4.4 richter scale earthquake that is believed to be caused the entire field blowing up.
- Islamic State militants seize gas field in eastern Syria
- Fighting calms in Syria's Aleppo amid truce, but hostilities persist elsewhere
- Spencer, Richard. "Isil 'sets off earthquake by blowing up major gas field' in Syria". Telegraph. Telegraph. Retrieved 17 May 2016.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Aterbury, John. "Investigating the "ISIS earthquake"". Bellingcat. Retrieved 23 May 2016.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Battle for Palmyra: The Territorial Control as of May 31, 2016
- قوات النظام تتقدم في بادية حمص الشرقية وتستعيد السيطرة على معظم منطقة حويسيس
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.