Thomas Hayes (bishop)
He was born in 1847 and educated at Ipswich grammar school and Trinity College, Cambridge. After graduation he was ordained in 1871  and began his ecclesiastical career with a curacy at St John’s, Chatham. From 1875 to 1889 he held incumbencies at Swineshead, Hinckley and Leicester.
He died on 26 January 1904 and the Bishop’s official residence is named in his honour.
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Trinidad
John Francis Welsh
Notes and references
- The Times, Saturday, Apr 02, 1892; pg. 7; Issue 33602; col F Ecclesiastical Intelligence
- Obituary The Bishop Of Trinidad The Times Thursday, Jan 28, 1904; pg. 7; Issue 37302; col F
- "Hayes, James Thomas (HS867JT)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- “Who was Who” 1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- Trinidad buildings
|This Trinidadian biographical article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This article about an Anglican bishop is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|