Tigers of the Sea
|File:Tigers of the sea.jpg
Cover of the first edition
|Author||Robert E. Howard|
|Cover artist||Tim Kirk|
|Series||Cormac Mac Art|
|Genre||Fantasy short stories|
|Publisher||Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc.|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
Tigers of the Sea is a collection of fantasy short stories by Robert E. Howard about the pirate Cormac Mac Art, a Gael who leads a band of Vikings during the reign of the mythical King Arthur. It was first published in 1973 by Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc. in an edition of 3,400 copies. The stories feature Howard's character Cormac Mac Art; the volume was edited by Richard L. Tierney.
- Introduction, by Richard L. Tierney
- "Tigers of the Sea" (by Howard, completed by Tierney)
- "Swords of the Northern Sea"
- "The Night of the Wolf"
- "The Temple of Abomination" (by Howard, completed by Tierney)
Robert E. Howard Library Vol. I: Cormac Mac Art.
The stories of Cormac Mac Art where also printed by BAEN books in 1995. This edition included the same stories from 'Tigers of the Sea' with an additional new story, 'The Land Towards Sunset', from author David Drake
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. p. 322.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>