|Tomás Balduíno, O.P.|
|Bishop of Diocese of Goiás (emeritus)|
|Church||Roman Catholic Church|
|See||Diocese of Goiás|
|In office||1967 - 1998|
|Predecessor||Abel Ribeiro Camelo|
|Successor||Eugène Lambert Adrian Rixen|
|Ordination||July 4, 1948|
December 31, 1922|
Posse, Goiás, Brazil
|Died||May 2, 2014
Goiânia, Goiás, Brazil
Tomás Balduíno was born in Posse, Goiás, and was ordained a priest on July 4, 1948, from the religious order of the Order of Friars Preachers. Balduíno was appointed Coadjutor Prelate of the Diocese of Santíssima Conceição do Araguaia on August 15, 1967, as well as titular bishop of Vicus Pacati.
Balduíno was appointed bishop of Goiás on November 10, 1967, and was ordained bishop on November 26, 1967.
He was the founder, in 1975, and first president of the Comissão Patroral da Terra.
Balduíno retired as bishop on December 2, 1998.
Balduíno has been referred to as one of the most important members of the Liberation theology. In March 2009, he participated in ceremonies in Rome commemorating the 29th anniversary of the murder of Mgr. Óscar Romero.
- List of oldest Catholic bishops
- Order of Friars Preachers
- Diocese of Goiás
- Diocese of Santíssima Conceição do Araguaia
- Corpo de dom Tomás Balduino é levado para a cidade de Goiás
- "Muere Tomás Balduíno, obispo de la reforma agraria en Brasil" (in Spanish). Lostiempos.com. Retrieved 2014-05-04. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>