Trams in Messina
Tram no 06T in Messina.
|Locale||Messina, Sicily, Italy|
|Open||3 April 2003|
|Route length||7.7 km (4.8 mi)|
|Website||ATM Messina (Italian)|
In operation since 2003, the tramway is 7.7 km (4.8 mi) long, and comprises one line, linking Gazzi with Annunziata.
Trams returned to Messina on 3 April 2003, after a long gestation and construction period. Messina's earlier urban tramway network had been disposed of more than half a century earlier, following the closure of its last line in 1951.
The new tramway line replaced the former bus line no 28.
The southern terminus of the new tramway, at Gazzi, was activated later; initially, the tram stop at Bonino marked the southern end of the line.
The tram service is provided by 15 modern 5-element Alstom Cityway articulated trams.
- Messina Centrale railway station
- List of town tramway systems in Italy
- History of rail transport in Italy
- Rail transport in Italy
- Brignole, Claudio; Schwandl, Robert (2010). Metros in Italien / Metros in Italy: Metropolitana, Tram, Ferrovia Urbana. U-Bahnen in Europa series, Band 8. Berlin: Robert Schwandl Verlag. ISBN 9783936573220.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles> (German) (English)
- Formigari, Vittorio; Romano, Giulio (2001). 123 anni di tram a Messina (in italiano). Cortona: Calosci. ISBN 978-88-7785-175-8. Unknown parameter
|trans_title=ignored (help)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
Media related to Messina tramway (2003) at Wikimedia Commons
- Associazione Ferrovie Siciliane - AFS (Messina), Rail and maritime transport, modelling, culture, ... (Italian)
- Messina database / photo gallery and Messina tram list at Urban Electric Transit – in various languages, including English.
- Messina tram at public-transport.net
This article is based upon a translation of the Italian language version as at March 2011.
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.