UFO sightings in Australia
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
- The Tully Saucer Nest
- At around 10:30 a.m on 6 April 1966, many students and some staff at Westall High School (now called Westall Secondary College), in Rosebank Avenue, Clayton South, Victoria witnessed a UFO fly over their school, and then descend into a paddock behind the school.
- The Valentich Disappearance occurred on 21 October 1978, when 20-year-old Frederick Valentich disappeared while piloting a small Cessna 182 aircraft over Bass Strait to King Island (Tasmania) after reporting a strange craft flying nearby. The disappearance generated significant press attention, both throughout Australia and internationally. No trace of Valentich or his Cessna has been found, and his description of a large, unusual object has earned his vanishing a place in UFO lore. A Department of Transport aircraft accident investigation concluded the reason for the disappearance could not be determined.
His last words were "My intentions are to go to King Island... That strange aircraft is hovering on top of me again. It is hovering and it's not an aircraft. Delta Sierra Juliet, Melbourne..."
- On 21 January 1988 a family came in contact with a UFO while travelling across the Nullarbor Plain in South Australia.
- B. J. Booth (1966-01-19). "The Tully Saucer Nest, UFO Casebook Files". Ufocasebook.com. Retrieved 2013-11-06.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Atfreeweb.com". Ovnis.atfreeweb.com. Retrieved 2013-11-06.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Last 20 UFO Sightings and Pictures at MUFON