UFO sightings in France
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Main article: Marius Dewilde
- On September 10, 1954, a railway worker witnesses two small beings boarding an UFO and flying into the sky. Strange things happened on the region on the following days. The case received notable media attention.
- July 1, 1965, Valensole, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence. An alleged UFO sighting and close encounter by farmer Maurice Masse. According to Masse, he encountered two small beings near a spherical vehicle that had landed in a nearby field. Masse claims that he was paralyzed when one of the beings pointed a tube-like object towards him. Masse said he watched the beings looking at plants and making grunting sounds until they returned to the vehicle and flew away. According to his wife, Masse said he received some kind of communication from the beings, considered his encounter "a spiritual experience", and looked upon the site as "hallowed ground" that "should be kept in his family forever". UFOlogists consider Masse's claims significant and cite "landing gear impressions" found in the soil.
Main article: Close encounter of Cussac
- August 29, 1967, Cussac, Cantal. Two young brothers and sisters declare to have been the witnesses of a meeting with a UFO and their occupants.
Main article: Trans-en-Provence Case
- The Trans-en-Provence Case is one of the rare cases where a UFO left material traces scientifically measurable. This event took place on January 8, 1981, in Trans-en-Provence, in the French département of Var.
- Denzler, Brenda (2001), The Lure of the Edge: Scientific Passions, Religious Beliefs, and the Pursuit of UFOs, University of California Press, pp. 39–, ISBN 978-0-520-93027-8
- Narvez, Peter (1997), The Good People: New Fairylore Essays, University Press of Kentucky, pp. 484–, ISBN 0-8131-0939-6 C1 control character in
|last=at position 5 (help)