United States lightship Relief (WLV-605)
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
(Redirected from United States lightship Relief (WAL-605))
|Laid down:||1 March 1949|
|Launched:||4 May 1950|
|Sponsored by:||Miss Elizabeth F Loughlin|
|Acquired:||15 February 1951|
|Out of service:||1 January 1976|
|Tonnage:||400 gross register tons (GRT)|
|Displacement:||546 Loaded Tons|
|Beam:||30 ft (9.1 m)|
|Draught:||11 ft (3.4 m)|
|Depth:||21.4 ft (6.5 m)|
Lightship WAL-605, RELIEF
Serving as WLV-605 at Overfalls
|NRHP Reference #||89002462|
|Added to NRHP||20 December 1989|
|Designated NHL||20 December 1989|
United States lightship Relief (WLV-605) is a lightvessel now serving as a museum ship in Oakland, California. She was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1989. The NHL plaque identifies it as "U.S. Coast Guard Lightship WLV 605."
- "California Historic Landmarks: Alameda County". Office of Historical Preservation, California State Parks. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- Staff (2007-01-23). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "LIGHTSHIP Wal-605 "Relief"". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. Retrieved 2007-10-13.
- "WLV-605 - Lightship RELIEF". rudyalicelighthouse.net. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "Vessel Designation WLV-605". U.S. Coast Guard Lightships & Those of the U.S. Lighthouse Service. United States Coast Guard. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- Delgado, James P. (30 June 1989). "National Register of Historic Places Registration Form / Lightship WAL-605, "Overfalls," "Blunts," "Relief"" (pdf). National Park Service. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to United States lightship Relief (WLV-605).|
- United States Lighthouse Society - Lightship RELIEF
- Lightship Relief WAL-605 Online Tour
- U.S. Coast Guard Historian's Office. U.S. Coast Guard Lightships & Those of the U.S. Lighthouse Service. Vessel WLV 605
|60px||This article about a specific ship or boat of the United States Armed Forces is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This article about a property in California on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This California museum-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|