From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
(Redirected from Unmanned (disambiguation))
Unmanned describes machines without a person on board.
"Unmanned" usually refers to uncrewed vehicles (remote controlled, remote guided or autonomous) such as:
- Unmanned aircraft system (UAS), synonymous with UAV
- Unmanned ground vehicle (UGV), such as the autonomous car
- Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), unmanned aircraft commonly known as a "drone"
- Unmanned surface vehicle (USV), for the operation on the surface of the water
- Autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV) or unmanned undersea vehicle (UUV), for the operation underwater
- Unmanned spacecraft for unmanned spaceflight, both remote controlled ("unmanned space mission") and autonomous ("robotic spacecraft" or "space probe")
It can also refer to:
- Unmanned reef lights of the Florida Keys
- Unmanned (Y: The Last Man), the first story arc of the comic book Y: The Last Man.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Unmanned.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.