Uthman (also spelled Othman, Arabic: عثمان) is a male Arabic given name. It is popular as a male given name among Muslims. It is also transliterated as Osman or Usman, as there is no -th sound in Persian, Bosnian and Turkish, where it is also used. It is also used as surname.
It is also a less common name of German origins. 
The following people share this name:
- Uthman ibn Affan, third caliph of Muslims;
- Uthman Abu Qahafa Abu Bakr's father
- Uthman ibn Ali, brother of Abbas, among the casualties at the Battle of Karbala
- Uthman al-Asghar, one of the sons of Ali ibn Abi Talib
- Uthman al-Akbar, one of the sons of Ali ibn Abi Talib
- Uthman ibn Naissa, a Berber Wāli of Narbonne and effective Muslim governor of Septimania.
- Uthman I, a Marinid caliph
- Uthman ibn Ali (Bey of Tunis), the sixth leader of the Husainid Dynasty and the ruler of Tunisia briefly in 1814.
- Othman Al Omeir, a Saudi-born British businessman, journalist and editor.
- Othman Saat, a former Chief Minister of the state of Johor in Malaysia.
- Middle name
- Al-Aziz Uthman, the second son of Saladin and the second Ayyubid Sultan of Egypt
- Azalina Othman Said, a tourism minister of Malaysia
- Surname and others
- Tuanku Sultan Otteman II, a former Sultan of Deli
- Abdul Ghani Othman, the current Menteri Besar of the state of Johor in Malaysia
- Abdullatif bin Ahmed Al Othman, the governor of Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA).
- Barbara Uthmann, businesswoman and supporter of bobbin lace
- Othman, a fictional historical character in the Christopher Paolini book Inheritance.
- Ottoman Empire
- Uthman Qur'an
- Usman Institute of Technology
- Usmanu Danfodio University
- Osmanya script
- Osmania University
- Saidina Uthman Bin Affan Mosque
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|