|File:Vasileios Pliatsikas 2011 2.jpg|
|Full name||Vasileios Pliatsikas|
|Date of birth||14 April 1988|
|Place of birth||Athens, Greece|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Right back / Defensive midfielder|
|2010–2013||Schalke 04 II||11||(1)|
|2011–2012||→ MSV Duisburg (loan)||22||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 31 May 2015.
Pliatsikas began his AEK career in 2005, making his way up from the reserve team, he ended up making 37 league appearances for AEK.
On 30 June 2009, Pliatsikas signed a four-year contract with German club Schalke 04 for an undisclosed fee. The beginning of 2010 was not good as Pliatsikas tore his knee ligaments during a training session. This was a major blow as he was beginning to get consistent game time with his club and was in the reckoning for a starting place with his national team. He missed the rest of Schalke's season and also the FIFA World Cup with Greece.
On 1 June 2011, it was announced that Pliatsikas will be loaned to MSV Duisburg for the upcoming season. In 2010–11, he could play only one match for Schalke because of his injury problems and so he should gain playing experiences in the 2. Bundesliga. He made his debut in the opening game against Karlsruhe on 17 August, being in the starting line-up in Duisburg's 2–3 defeat. After several fouls, he was forced to leave the field with a yellow-red card in the 76th minute. In his fourth league match for Duisburg against St. Pauli, he was sent off with a yellow-red card again.
Pliatsikas participated in the preparation of the club in Turkey, leaving a positive impression and convinced the technical staff to offer him a contract. Pliatsikas, who had become free since last summer from Schalke 04, signed a contract until the end of the season 2013/14 with an renewal option for three more years.
On 23 July 2014, Pliatsikas signed a 2-year contract with Astra Giurgiu. On 25 July 2014, he made his debut with a club in a 2-0 away win against Concordia Chiajna. At the end of 2014 he returned to his former club Metalurh Donetsk.
He was part of the Greek squad that reached the final of the 2007 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship and went on to captain the U19 team the following year which reached the final eight this time round in the 2008 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship.
- "Schalke sign Pliatsikas". FIFA.com. 1 July 2009. Retrieved 25 December 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Yπέγραψε στη Μέταλουργκ ο Πλιάτσικας". gazetta.gr. 14 February 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Grecii Giannis Arabatzis si Vasileios Pliatsikas au semnat cu Astra Giurgiu". www.romaniansoccer.ro. 23 July 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Knappen verpflichten griechischen Nationalspieler Vasilios Pliatsikas" (in German). Schalke 04. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>[dead link]
- "S04 vor der Verpflichtung von Vasilios Pliatsikas" (in German). Schalke 04. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>[dead link]
- "Pliatskas called to Greece". AEK FC.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>[dead link]
- Vasileios Pliatsikas profile at Fussballdaten