|File:Vivi Friedman publicity photo.jpg|
May 20, 1967|
|Died||January 2, 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.
|Years active||1991 - 2012|
Vivi Friedman (May 20, 1967 – January 2, 2012) was a Finnish film director. She produced the majority of her work in the United States. During her career she worked on advertisements and short films and directed a feature-length film, The Family Tree in 2011.
Early life and career
Born in Helsinki, Finland Friedman spent her childhood years growing up in Nummela in southern Finland before moving to the United States to study at the University of Rochester in New York. She remained in the United States.
Before becoming a director she worked in several roles for television films and documentaries including roles as script supervision and location manager. She directed her first production, a television series called Team Suomi in 1994.
Personal life and death
Friedman was in a long-term relationship with Steven Kaminsky, a post production supervisor.
She died on January 2, 2012 after a long battle with cancer aged 44.
- The Family Tree (2011)
- Certainly Not a Fairytale (2003)
- Team Suomi (1994)
- "About the Director". Hamptons International Film Festival (Ticketguide). Retrieved September 6, 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "SEARCHLAB/Shorts: Certainly Not A Fairy Tale". Fox Searchlight SearchLab. January 4, 2007 Produced 2002. Archived from the original on 2010-10-25. Check date values in:
- Brunsting, Joshua (August 28, 2011). "Joshua Reviews Vivi Friedman's The Family Tree (Theatrical review)". Criterion Cast. Retrieved 2012-01-20.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Hinkkanen, Tomi (January 3, 2012). "Finnish Film Director Vivi Friedman Dies At 44". Finn Times. Retrieved 2012-01-20.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>