Voilà Hotel Rewards
|Headquarters||Shanghai, Newport Beach, CA, United States|
Number of locations
|250 hotels (worldwide)|
|Europe, Middle East, Asia, North America, South America|
|Products||Loyalty Program, Customer Relationship Management|
|Parent||Hospitality Marketing Concepts, LLC|
Voilà Hotel Rewards (corproately styled "VOILÀ") is a hotel loyalty program operated by Hospitality Marketing Concepts. The Voilà Hotel Rewards program was created in 2008 for frequent guests of boutique hotels and independent hotel chains. Members can earn and redeem points at participating hotels regardless of brand or location. The program relies on repeat guests and rewards frequent stays with increased status and additional privileges. Voilà Hotel Rewards is free to join and enrollment in the program is offered online.
- 1 Membership levels
- 2 Earning points
- 3 Other earning opportunities
- 4 Hotel partners
- 5 Redeeming points for room nights
- 6 Redemption partners
- 7 Competition
- 8 Program awards
- 9 Hospitality Marketing Concepts
- 10 External links
- 11 References
There are three levels of membership in Voilà Hotel Rewards: Silver (before 2014 referred to as Phoenix), Gold (referred to as Orion) and Platinum (referred to as Centarus). Silver/Phoenix is the base tier level and is awarded to anyone who joins the program. Gold/Orion status is achieved after 10 night stays are completed in a rolling 12-month period. Platinum/Centaurus status is achieved after 20 night stays are completed in a rolling 12-month period. Gold/Orion and Platinum/Centarus elite tiers offer additional benefits including increased point earnings, room upgrades, and access to exclusive lounges.
Members earn points contingent upon their program tier status. Points are collected in a member’s account and can be used to purchase hotel nights. Every member earns a base rate of 10 points per US$1 spent. Gold/Orion members earn an additional 25 percent point bonus. Platinum/Centaurus tier members earn an additional 50 percent point bonus.
Other earning opportunities
Voilà Hotel Rewards offers members a number of promotions. These include double point and extra earning offers for stays typically within a one- to two-month period.
November 23, 2010 Voilà Hotel Rewards announced  a partnership with TopGuest. Topguest is a service that rewards users with loyalty points and perks for virtual “check-ins” via major location-based services applications, such as Facebook Places, Twitter and Foursquare. TopGuest was purchased by Switchfly and removed from the Voilà platform in 2013 
In December 2013, Voilà Hotel Rewards, announced a partnership with Thanks Again, a coalition loyalty program for airports, to give members more options for earning and redeeming points. Through Thanks Again, Voilà members can now earn rewards at more than 160 U.S. airports and 25,000 participating businesses nationwide. Members earn miles/points by shopping, dining or parking at participating airports and when purchasing from local businesses such as dry cleaners, spas and golf courses. 
Partner hotels co-brand their programs with VOILÀ Hotel Rewards marketing materials and become active members of the program’s network. Nearly 300 hotels on 5 continents, and in 13 countries, and 122 cities belong to the program.
Voilà Hotel Rewards was launched in June 2008 with Husa Plus, a co-branded program for Husa Hoteles. The Husa Plus program is offered at approximately 145 Husa Hoteles throughout Spain, Argentina, Andorra, Egypt, France and Belgium.
Coral Hotels & Resorts
Coral Hotels & Resorts joined in December 2008 with a co-branded program called Hadaya. The Hadaya program is offered at nine Coral Hotels and Resorts in the Middle East throughout the United Arab Emirates, Oman and Saudi Arabia. Coral Hotels and Resorts is not longer part of the VOILÀ Hotel Rewards network.
The Voilà loyalty co-branded program Lucerna Rewards program launched May 25, 2009 with Hoteles Lucerna a Mexican hotel group with five-star properties in Tijuana, Mexicali, Culiacan, Ciudad Juarez and Hermosillo. Lucerna is longer part of the VOILÀ Hotel Rewards network.
Continental Hotels, a Romanian hotel group, launched its Voilà network hotel loyalty program, Continental Hotels Rewards, on June 10, 2009. Continental Hotels is no longer part of the Voilà Hotel Rewards network.
Voilà has a loyalty program partnership with Swiss-Belhotel International. Swiss-Belhotel International manages approximately 30 hotels are in China, Vietnam, The Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia, Kuwait, Jordan, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
Kayumanis is a collection of villa retreats located in on the island of Bali and in provincial China. Kayumanis Ubud, in Indonesia, was voted as the winner of the 2009 Crystal Award Asia Pacific for the Best Boutique Hotel Spa.
Othon manages a variety of small hotels in Brazil, such as Buzios, Cabo Frio, and Petropolis, as well as larger properties in Brazil’s major cities and abroad such as Buenos Aires, Lisbon and San Francisco. In 2003 the Othon Suites brand was developed to offer apartment-style hotels for longer-stay guests. Today, Othon Hotels offers over 2,000 rooms across 28 properties and five brands, in Brazil, Portugal and the USA. Plans include the development of more resorts in the Northeast, the present focus being the refurbishment and modernization of all existing properties. Othon's loyalty program with Voilà was launched on January 20, 2011 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Deville Hotels was founded in 1974 in the city of Curitiba, southern region of Brazil. It has ten luxury, midscale and economy class properties in nine Brazilian cities.
Amari Hotels and Resorts
Voilà has a loyalty program partnership with Amari Hotels and Resorts, part of the ONYX Hospitality Group.
Details launched its Voilà loyalty program January 2012. Details Hotels comprises three hotels in Portugal.
The Lexington Rewards program was launched during December 2012. Headquartered in Coral Springs, Florida, Vantage Hospitality Group is the 8th largest hotel company worldwide with over 1,000 hotels independently owned and operated, and the only hotel company to be ranked seven consecutive years on the Inc. 500/5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies. The company continues to grow with the Lexington Hotel and Lexington Inn brands (Vantage’s midscale through upscale brands).
Redeeming points for room nights
Points accumulated in a member’s account can be exchanged for stays at any hotel in the Voilà Hotel Rewards network. The number of points required for an award night varies per hotel.
In addition to exchanging points for stays at hotels, members may reedem their accumulated points with program partners.
October 7, 2009 Voilà Hotel Rewards announced  a partnership with TheFirstClub.com to offer music, PC games, and mobile content as part of its Voilà’s global loyalty program redemption offerings. Through this partnership, Voilà members are able to redeem their points in exchange for TheFirstClub.com vouchers. They will then access TheFirstClub.com download platform, enter their unique code and redeem a download of their choice from a library of over 2 million types of content, supported by many local languages.
As of October 13, 2009 Voilà Hotel Rewards members may redeem 9 Voilà points for each Delta SkyMiles mile. Delta Sky Miles program was removed from Voilà in December 2013 due to a change in the Sky Miles program.
May 13, 2010 Voilà Hotel Rewards announced  a partnership with MexicanaGO. The partnership between VOILÀ and MexicanaGO means VOILÀ members will receive 500 MexicanaGO Points for every 2,500 VOILÀ points they convert.
Qatar Airways’ Privilege Club
November 9, 2010 Voilà Hotel Rewards announced  a partnership with Qatar Airways’ Privilege Club. The partnership between Voilà and Qatar Airways’ Privilege Club means Voilà members will receive 150 Qmiles for every 1,000 Voilà points they convert.
In December 2010, Voilà partnered with Worldreader to provide members with an opportunity to convert their Voilà points into a cash donation. Worldreader is a non-profit organization whose mission is to bring e-readers (like Amazon.com’s Kindle™) to children in developing nations where illiteracy rates are highest. Instead of giving children one book, e-readers can place entire libraries of books in children’s hands. The devices use cell phone networks to access areas the Internet can’t, consume little power, and have proven to be a great tool in the classroom.
Kiva is a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
The Children’s Alcohol Rehabilitation and Education, Inc.
In December 2012, Voilà partnered with the Children’s Alcohol Rehabilitation and Education, Inc. (CARE). A not-for-profit corporation, CARE has been a safe harbor for some of the most neglected children in California, providing residential treatment facilities for abused, abandoned, neglected and at-risk children in need of drug or alcohol treatment since 1994.
Additional third party redemption options
In December 2012, Voilà added several other redemption options for members, including: American Express, iTunes, Amazon.com, and American Airlines.
Features of Voilà Hotel Rewards including earning points, increasing status through frequent stays, and redemption of points for hotel stays are similar to the hotel loyalty programs of Hilton Hotels Corporation, InterContinental Hotels Group, and Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide.
In 2008 and 2009, Voilà Hotel Rewards received silver Adrian Awards for excellence in Web Marketing by Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI).
Hospitality Marketing Concepts
Voilà Hotel Rewards is operated by Hospitality Marketing Concepts (HMC) of Newport Beach, California. HMC has operated turnkey paid membership loyalty programs and developed Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and proprietary operational technologies for global hotel chains since 1988. HMC has offices in North America, Central America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
- "VOILÀ member website: Member Benefits". VOILÀ Hotel Rewards. Retrieved 2009-02-01.
- "VOILÀ Membership Benefits". VOILÀ Hotel Rewards. Retrieved 2011-03-24.
- "Topguest Partners with VOILÀ Hotel Rewards, The Number One Loyalty Program for Independent Hotels - Partnership Gives VOILÀ Members More Perks Worldwide". VOILÀ Hotel Rewards. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- "Looking for TopGuest". COLLOQUY. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- "VOILA Hotel Rewards Teams with Thanks Again to Recognize Members for Airport Purchases". COLLOQUY. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "Voila launches Husa plus loyalty Program". Colloquy (free registration required). Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- "Coral Hotels launches loyalty program". Colloquy (free registration required). Retrieved 2009-03-13.
- "VOILÀ Partners With Swiss-Belhotel International; Announces Increased Earning Opportunities In Asia-Pacific". VOILÀ Hotel Rewards. Retrieved 2009-08-13.
- "Kayumanis Ubud was voted as the winner of the 2009 Crystal Award Asia Pacific for the Best Boutique Hotel Spa". The Crystal Awards. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "Rewards in Rio: VOILÀ Expands Into Brazilian Market with Launch of the Othon Special Guest Hotel Loyalty Program". VOILÀ Hotel Rewards. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "Onyx Hospitality Group Launches New Customer Loyalty Program, Chorus Rewards, At 2010 World Travel Market - VOILÀ Hotel Rewards Enters Thai Market". VOILÀ Hotel Rewards. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- "Points in Portugal: VOILA Hotel Rewards Partners With Details Hotels & Resorts". VOILÀ Hotel Rewards. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- "VOILÀ Redemption Options". VOILÀ Hotel Rewards. Retrieved 2011-03-24.
- "VOILA Hotel Rewards partners with TheFirstClub.com". Colloquy (free registration required). Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- "VOILÀ Takes Flight with Its Newest Redemption Partner: MexicanaGO". VOILÀ Hotel Rewards. Retrieved 2010-05-13.
- "VOILÀ Hotel Rewards Announces Partnership with Qatar Airways’ Privilege Club Program - VOILÀ Hotel Rewards Members Can Now Exchange Their Points for Qmiles and Stand a Chance To Win Seven Free Nights in Any VOILÀ Hotel Around The World". VOILÀ Hotel Rewards. Retrieved 2010-11-09.
- "VOILÀ Partners". VOILÀ Hotel Rewards. Retrieved 2010-12-15.
- "Worldreader.org website". Worldreader.org. Retrieved 2010-12-15.
- "VOILA Hotel Rewards Adds Kiva as a Reward Partner -- Giving Members the Opportunity to Empower Low-Income Individuals Around the Globe PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1bZ4j)". Retrieved 2012-05-16. External link in
- "VOILÀ Partners". VOILÀ Hotel Rewards. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- "Adrian Awards Winners Gallery". HSMAI. Retrieved 2008-11-01.