|City of license||Pittsfield, Massachusetts|
|Branding||AM 1420 WBEC|
|First air date||March 1947|
|Format||News Talk Information|
|Transmitter coordinates||Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|Affiliations||ABC News Radio
Fox News Radio
Fox Sports Radio
|Owner||Gamma Broadcasting, LLC|
|Sister stations||WBEC-FM, WNAW, WUPE, WUPE-FM, WSBS|
|Website||AM 1420 WBEC Webpage|
WBEC (1420 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a News Talk Information format. Licensed to Pittsfield, Massachusetts, USA. The station is owned by Gamma Broadcasting, LLC and features programing from Cumulus Media Networks and Premiere Networks, including Premiere's talk network and Fox Sports Radio.
On March 5, 2012, WBEC announced it would no longer carry The Rush Limbaugh Show in response to Limbaugh's derogatory remarks about law student Sandra Fluke. General manager Peter Barry told local NPR member station WFCR that he and his staff had been troubled by Limbaugh's rhetoric for many years, but his attacks on Fluke were the last straw. WBEC is believed to be the second of Limbaugh's affiliates to cancel his show; KPUA in Hilo, Hawaii had dropped Limbaugh a few hours earlier. WBEC replaced Limbaugh with The Mike Huckabee Show upon that show's launch on April 9 of the same year. The station began to run The Howie Carr Show on January 5, 2015.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 1999 (PDF). 1999. p. D-212. Retrieved March 7, 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "WBEC Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Pittsfield Mass. Radio Station Drops Rush Limbaugh After Contraception Controversy. WFCR, 2012-03-05.
- "Western Massachusetts Cluster Sold". All Access. August 23, 2013. Retrieved August 29, 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Venta, Lance (January 14, 2014). "Pittsfield Cluster Sale Withdrawn". RadioInsight. Retrieved March 30, 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WBEC
- Radio-Locator Information on WBEC
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WBEC
|This article about a radio station in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|