Walmart NW Arkansas Championship
|Course(s)||Pinnacle Country Club|
|Length||6,389 yards (5,842 m)|
|Format||Stroke play – 54 holes|
|Prize fund||$2.0 million|
|Tournament record score|
|Aggregate||198 Na Yeon Choi (2015)|
|To par||−15 Seon Hwa Lee (2008)
−15 Na Yeon Choi (2015)
|Na Yeon Choi|
The Walmart NW Arkansas Championship is a women's professional golf tournament on the LPGA Tour in Rogers, Arkansas. First played in 2007, all editions of the tournament have been played at Pinnacle Country Club.
Procter & Gamble (P&G), a manufacturer of a wide range of consumer goods, became the title sponsor in 2008. The 2008 and 2009 editions were prefaced with "P&G Beauty", with the word "Beauty" dropped starting in 2010. Walmart, the world's largest public corporation, became the presenting sponsor in 2010. Walmart became the title sponsor in 2011, with P&G as the presenting sponsor.
Due to inclement weather in 2007, only the first round on Friday was completed which classified it as an "unofficial tournament." An LPGA event must be at least 36 holes to qualify as official. Stacy Lewis, then a senior at the University of Arkansas, led after 18 holes and was declared the unofficial winner. The tournament purse was cut in half and all professionals received winnings based on 50% of what they would have earned had the tournament been completed. Because Lewis was an amateur she received no earnings, and all earnings by LPGA members were considered unofficial.
Tournament names through the years:
- 2007: LPGA NW Arkansas Championship Presented by John Q. Hammons
- 2008–09: P&G Beauty NW Arkansas Championship Presented by John Q. Hammons
- 2010: P&G NW Arkansas Championship Presented by Walmart
- 2011–14: Walmart NW Arkansas Championship Presented by P&G
|2015||Jun 26–28||Na Yeon Choi||198||−15||2 strokes||2,000,000||300,000|
|2014||Jun 27–29||Stacy Lewis (2)||201||−12||1 stroke||2,000,000||300,000|
|2013||Jun 21–23||Inbee Park||201||−12||Playoff||2,000,000||300,000|
|2012||Jun 29 – Jul 1||Ai Miyazato||201||−12||1 stroke||2,000,000||300,000|
|2011||Sep 9–11||Yani Tseng (2)||201||−12||Playoff||2,000,000||300,000|
|2010||Sep 10–12||Yani Tseng||200||−13||1 stroke||2,000,000||300,000|
|2009||Sep 11–13||Jiyai Shin||204||−9||Playoff||1,800,000||270,000|
|2008||Jul 4–6||Seon Hwa Lee||201||−15||1 stroke||1,700,000||255,000|
|2007||Sep 7||Stacy Lewis (a)||65||−7||1 stroke||625,000||90,000*|
* The 2007 tournament was reduced to 18 holes and declared unofficial because of multiple rain delays; the purse was halved.
Lewis was an amateur and did not receive the winner's share. The original tournament dates in 2007 were September 7–9.
- "September Date, Purse Increase Announced for 2010". P&G NW Arkansas Championship. November 18, 2009. Archived from the original on April 5, 2010. Retrieved September 4, 2010. Unknown parameter
|deadurl=ignored (help)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "LPGA NW Arkansas Championship Presented by John Q. Hammons: Post Round Story and Interviews". LPGA. September 9, 2007. Retrieved September 9, 2007.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>[dead link]
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.