Washington Township, Licking County, Ohio
|Washington Township, Licking County, Ohio|
|Location in Licking County
Location in Licking County
|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|• Total||23.7 sq mi (61.5 km2)|
|• Land||23.7 sq mi (61.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||984 ft (300 m)|
|• Density||128.4/sq mi (49.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086480|
Washington Township is one of the twenty-five townships of Licking County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 3,045 people in the township, 917 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located on the northern edge of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Morgan Township, Knox County - north
- Clay Township, Knox County - northeast
- Eden Township - east
- Newton Township - south
- McKean Township - southwest
- Burlington Township - west
Most of the village of Utica is located in northwestern Washington Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Licking County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.