West Central Wireless
|West Central Wireless logo|
|Headquarters||San Angelo, Texas|
|Website||West Central Wireless|
West Central Wireless is a local mobile phone provider serving Central and West Texas based in San Angelo, Texas, with satellite offices in Brady, Texas. Their cellular services consist of 850 MHz HSPA and GSM networks, along with legacy D-AMPS (TDMA) and CDMA networks. The HSPA network (which may actually be backhaul-constrained HSPA+) is a recent addition to the company's portfolio; services on the so-called "3GPlus" network began rollout in early 2012, with a deployment schedule stretching into late summer. CDMA services (1xRTT only) exist due to the company's acquisition of Five Star Wireless, though services were expanded slightly beyond Five Star's original coverage area shortly after the acquisition took place.
West Central's GSM network currently provides native service in the following twenty-six counties of West Texas: Tom Green, Howard, Glasscock, Reagan, Crockett, Sterling, Irion, Schleicher, Sutton, Coke, Edwards, Runnels, Concho, Menard, Kimble, Kerr, Coleman, McCulloch, Mason, Gillespie, Kendall, Brown, San Saba, Mills, Comanche, Erath .
The company offers prepaid service on their GSM network through the Right Wireless brand.
The company also provides fixed wireless services using LTE technology on the 700 MHz band. This network is currently not used by their mobile phone customers.
Through roaming agreements with other companies including AT&T Mobility and T-Mobile USA, West Central is able to provide their customers with service when outside their home coverage area, albeit with significantly reduced minute and data allotments compared to what the company makes available within their own service area.
West Central Wireless also owns a 1900 MHz PCS license which the company uses to provide High-Speed Wireless DSL Internet under the name West Central Net to small business and residential customers in San Angelo.
The companies operating under the West Central Wireless umbrella have a somewhat convoluted legal structure (d/b/a meaning "doing business as"):
- CGKC&H #2 Rural Partnership d/b/a West Central Wireless and d/b/a Right Wireless
- CT Cube, L.P. d/b/a West Central Wireless and d/b/a Right Wireless
- Mid-Tex Cellular, Ltd.
- Texas RSA 15B2, L.P. d/b/a Five Star Wireless and d/b/a Right Wireless
- "West Central Wireless". Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Coverage Maps". West Central Wireless. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "C T Cube, LP - Roaming Partners". Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Texas-based West Central Wireless Expands Commercial Service Using Airspan Networks Wireless DSL Systems
- "Case 41574-1". Public Utility Commission of Texas. 11 June 2013. Retrieved 9 March 2016.