West Kent College (2014)
This article is outdated.(August 2014)
|File:West Kent College logo.png|
|Established||1 August 2014|
|Type||Further Education, Higher Education|
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
|Local authority||Kent County Council|
|DfE URN||130727 Tables|
West Kent College is a further education and higher education college in Kent, England founded in 2014 as a result of the split of K College and run by Hadlow College Group. It has campuses in Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells and offers numerous courses and qualifications at many levels, from GCSEs and A-levels to vocational routes such as BTEC or NVQ/VRQ Diplomas to work-based Apprenticeships and Degree programmes, validated by the University of Kent, University of Greenwich and Canterbury Christ Church University.
The College's facilities include a 300-seat theatre, fine art, fashion, graphic design and photography studios and darkrooms, television and radio studios, music recording studios, professional training and demo kitchens and purpose-built motor vehicle engineering and construction workshops.
The original West Kent College institution operated in Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Crowborough and Sevenoaks. The Tonbridge campus was redeveloped in the 2000s. Crowborough and Sevenoaks closed in 2006.
The college offers a range of Foundation, Extended and BTEC Diplomas, Higher Education programmes and NVQs, in subjects such as:
- Electronic Engineering
- Catering and Hospitality
- Construction: Bricklaying, Electrical Installation, Carpentry and Joinery, Plumbing
- Performing Arts, Music, Media and Photography
- Art and Design, Graphic Design, Fashion and Clothing
- Motor Vehicle Engineering
- Beauty Therapy, Hair Design
- Health and Social Care
- Business and Admin
- Applied Science (including Forensic Science Pathway)
- Travel and Tourism
Also offered are Apprenticeships, A-Levels and Access to Higher Education courses.
The View restaurant
The View is a fine dining restaurant, open to the public, located at the Tonbridge campus. Catering and Hospitality students operate the restaurant across a range of levels. It offers a wide array of dishes, achieved by both classic and modern techniques.
Hair & Beauty Salons
The college's Hair & Beauty Salons, based at the Tonbridge campus, are open to the public and offer a range of treatments, including manicures, pedicures, electrical facials, styling, conditioning and colouring treatments, waxing, tanning and massages.
- Mark Sargeant, Michelin starred chef and restaurateur
- Chris Tanner, chef and co-proprietor, with his brother James Tanner, of award-winning gastropub, The Kentish Hare (http://www.thekentishhare.com/)
- Jake West, film director
- Mo Abudu, talk show host, media proprietor
- Sophie, Countess of Wessex
- Jilly Goolden, wine critic, journalist and presenter
- Tim Garland, jazz saxophonist
- Paul 'Mungo' Mungeam, television cameraman
- Hazel Crowney, actress, model
- Nicki French, singer, actress
- Rob Forknall, actor, theatre director
|This United Kingdom university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|