West Lancashire College
|File:West Lancashire College.jpg|
|Skelmersdale and Ormskirk College, Skelmersdale College|
|Type||Further education college|
West Lancashire College (formerly Skelmersdale & Ormskirk College) is a further education college located over three sites in West Lancashire, England. The college is a part of a larger organisation called NCG.
Originally known as Skelmersdale & Ormskirk College, the college was originally an independently controlled institution, but was taken over by Newcastle College in 2007.
In August 2011, the college changed its name to West Lancashire College. The following month the college moved to a new £42.8 million campus, based near to its old demolished Northway Campus in Skelmersdale.
The college currently offers a range of courses to students from the local area. These courses include Diplomas, NVQs, Apprenticeships, Access courses, and as of 2012, A-Levels. Additionally, the college also offers a range of Higher Education Foundation Degree courses.
The new campus of the college contains facilities that replicate real life working environments for students to learn in. These specialised business units include hairdressing salons and a bistro, and are open to the public.
- Skelmersdale Campus, Skelmersdale
- Ormskirk Campus, Hants Lane, Ormskirk (Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.)
- West Lancashire Construction Academy
West Lancashire College Stadium
Located at Selby Place on the Skelmersdale, the football stadium caters for both college needs, as well as being the home for Skelmersdale United. It was the home of Liverpool Ladies F.C. until the end of the 2012 season. The stadium has a capacity of 2,500.
- "Skelmersdale College (Dissolution) Order 2007". Office of Public Sector Information. 2007-08-01. Retrieved 2008-08-27.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- [dead link]
- "Skelmersdale & Ormskirk College Stadium". Soccerway. 2012-01-11. Retrieved 2012-08-06.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>