Wilfrid Philip Ward
Wilfrid Philip Ward (2 January 1856 – 9 April 1916) was an English essayist and biographer.
He was born in 1856 at Old Hall, Ware, Hertfordshire to William George Ward and his wife, Frances (née Wingfield). He attended St. Edmund's College in Ware, Hertfordshire; Ushaw College, in Durham, England; and Gregorian University in Rome, Italy. Afterward, he was occupied at educational institutions in Great Britain. He lectured at Lowell Institute, Boston in 1915. He edited the Dublin Review, contributed to publications such as the Edinburgh Review, Quarterly Review, Contemporary Review. He died in 1916.
- William George Ward and the Oxford Movement, Macmillan & Co., 1893 [1st Pub. 1889].
- William George Ward and the Catholic Revival, Macmillan & Co., 1893 [second edition, 1912].
- Witnesses to the Unseen, and Other Essays Macmillan & Co., 1893.
- The Life and Times of Nicholas Wiseman, Vol. 2, Longmans, Green & Co., 1897.
- Problems and Persons, Longmans, Green, and Co., 1903
- Aubrey de Vere: A Memoir, Longmans, Green & Co., 1904.
- Ten Personal Studies, Longmans, Green, and Co., 1908.
- Life of John Henry, Cardinal Newman, Based on his Private Journals and Correspondence, Vol. 2, Longmans, Green, and Co., 1912.
- The Oxford Movement, T.C. & E.C. Jack, 1912.
- Men and Matters, Longmans, Green & Co., 1914.
- Last Lectures of Wilfrid Ward, Longmans, Green & Co., 1918
- Michael de la Bedoyère, The Life of Baron von Hügel (1951). London: J. M. Dent, p. 292
- This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Gilman, D. C.; Thurston, H. T.; Moore, F., eds. (1905). "Ward, Wilfrid Philip". New International Encyclopedia (1st ed.). New York: Dodd, Mead.
- Chesterton, G.K. (1916). "Wilfrid Ward". The Dublin Review. CLIX: 23–32.
- Hess, Cuthbert (1916). "Wilfrid Ward". The Dublin Review. CLIX: 1–22.
- Scotti, Paschal (2006). Out of Due Time: Wilfrid Ward and the Dublin Review. Washington, D.C.: Catholic University of America Press.
- Sheed, Wilfrid (1985). Frank and Maisie: A Memoir with Parents. New York: Simon & Schuster.
- Ward, Maisie (1934). The Wilfrid Wards and the Transition. London: Sheed & Ward.
- Ward, Maisie (1937). Insurrection versus Resurrection. London: Sheed & Ward.
- Ward, Wilfrid (1916). "Memories and Reflections". The Dublin Review. CLIX: 209–33.