Witch Hunt (1994 film)
|Directed by||Paul Schrader|
|Produced by||Gale Anne Hurd|
|Written by||Joseph Dougherty|
Penelope Ann Miller
|Music by||Angelo Badalamenti|
|Edited by||Kristina Boden|
Witch Hunt (1994) is a horror, detective HBO film starring Dennis Hopper and Eric Bogosian, directed by Paul Schrader and written by Joseph Dougherty. The original music score was composed by Angelo Badalamenti.
Hopper stars as 1950s hardboiled private detective H. Phillip Lovecraft, in a fictional universe where magic is real, monsters and mythical beasts stalk the back alleys, zombies are used as cheap labor, and everyone—except Lovecraft—uses magic every day. Yet, cars, telephones and other modern technology also exist in this world.
It is a sequel to the HBO-produced film Cast a Deadly Spell. Hopper plays Lovecraft in place of Fred Ward. Additionally, many characters have different back-stories than in Cast a Deadly Spell. For example, Lovecraft refuses to use magic in Cast a Deadly Spell on principle, but in Witch Hunt he refuses because of a bad experience he has had.
- Dennis Hopper - Harry Phillip Lovecraft
- Penelope Ann Miller - Kim Hudson
- Eric Bogosian - Senator Larson Crockett
- Sheryl Lee Ralph - Hypolita Laveau Kropotkin
- Julian Sands - Finn Macha
- Valerie Mahaffey - Trudy
- John Epperson - Vivian Dart (as Lypsinka)
- Debi Mazar - The Manicurist
- Alan Rosenberg - N.J. Gottlieb