You've Been Trumped
|You've Been Trumped|
|File:You've Been Trumped poster.jpg
|Directed by||Anthony Baxter|
|Produced by||Richard Phinney|
You've Been Trumped is a 2011 documentary by British filmmaker Anthony Baxter. The film documents the construction of a luxury golf course on a beach in Balmedie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, by developer Donald Trump, and the subsequent struggles between the locals and Donald Trump and Scottish legal and governmental authorities.
When it was announced that the documentary was to be given its British television premiere on BBC Two on 21 October 2012, Trump's lawyers contacted the corporation to demand that the film should not be shown, claiming that it is "defamatory" and "misleading". The screening went ahead. The BBC defended its decision, noting that Trump had repeatedly refused to be interviewed in conjunction with the film.
A Dangerous Game (2014)
A follow-up documentary called A Dangerous Game was released in September 2014. The film continues the story of the locals' struggle against Donald Trump but goes further afield also. It features a story in Dubrovnik, Croatia where a development has been approved to build a luxury golf course on Mount Srđ overlooking Dubrovnik but local residents are campaigning against it and held a referendum which they won but which officials ignored.
ReelScotland reviewed the film, concluding "an emotive film which shows both what can happen when a Government considers money over its own laws and how those at the sharp end remain resilient throughout". Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times gave the film three stars out of four.
- "You've Been Trumped (2012) - Box Office Mojo".
- Carrell, Severin (22 October 2012). "Donald Trump lawyers tried to stop BBC showing Scottish bullying film". quardian.co.uk. Guardian News and Media Limited. Retrieved 23 October 2012.
- "Dangerous game Observer Review". The Observer. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- Jonathan Melville (17 October 2012). "Film Review: You’ve Been Trumped". Reel Scotland. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- Roger Ebert (17 October 2012). "You've Been Trumped Movie Review (2012)". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 27 March 2016.
- "Local Hero and Donald Trump: a malign mix of bullying, muscle flexing and craven politicians". The Guardian. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- Official website
- You've Been Trumped at the Internet Movie Database
- You've Been Trumped on Facebook
- You've Been Trumped on Twitter
|This article about a British documentary film is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|