2004 in Romania
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Years in Romania:||2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007|
|Centuries:||20th century · 21st century · 22nd century|
|Decades:||1970s 1980s 1990s 2000s 2010s 2020s 2030s|
|Years:||2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007|
Events from the year 2004 in Romania.
- President: Ion Iliescu (until 20 December), Traian Băsescu (starting 20 December)
- Prime Minister:
- 29 March – Seven countries in Eastern Europe, including Romania, become official members of NATO.
- 24 May – 18 people are killed and 13 seriously injured after a truck loaded with ammonium nitrate explodes in Mihăilești, Buzău County.
- 6 June – First round of the local election.
- 16 June – Prime Minister Adrian Năstase inaugurates works on A3 motorway.
- 20 June – Second round of the local election.
- 27 October – A magnitude 6 earthquake strikes Vrancea County, without causing casualties and significant material damage. This is the strongest earthquake recorded in Romania in the 21st century.
- 28 November – First round of the presidential election: Adrian Năstase 40.97%, Traian Băsescu 33.86%.
- 12 December – Second round of the presidential election designates Traian Băsescu winner (51.23%), thus being elected the third president of post-revolutionary Romania.
- 28 December – The government led by newly appointed prime minister Călin Popescu-Tăriceanu is validated by the Romanian Parliament.
This section requires expansion. (September 2013)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2013)